Low Carb Bread

Options
Anyone have a good easy recipe for bread or buns that doesn't use a lot of crazy ingredients that you can make? Would love to see what recipes you guys use for the occasional treat for sandwiches Etc? Thank you

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    It depends what you mean by 'crazy'. I make 90-second bread.... almond flour, coconut oil or butter, maybe coconut flour mixed in.... an egg too.
  • julieb47
    julieb47 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use two tbs almond flour, one of ground flaxseed, (or use three tbs almond flour), teaspoon psyllium, quarter teaspoon baking powder and an egg and use a small square dish so it resembles a slice of bread. 90 secs in the microwave. I sometimes adds seeds /cheese /yeast flakes as the mood takes me.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I made the Mr. Peanut bread, the ingredients are:

1 cup natural-style peanut butter, smooth
    3 eggs
    1 tablespoon vinegar
    1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
    1⁄4 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons artificial sweetener

Blend peanut butter and eggs until smooth. Add in remaining ingredients. Pour into a sprayed loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Let cool before slicing.

I made it without the sweetener, and it tasted good, it was just really tiny to me, and kind of not worth it? But that was just me. Plus then I binged on the peanut butter because I'm a maniac. YMMV
  • lolliopopsnrainbows
    Options
    I've not tried it myself, but this recipe has been highly recommended to me by a friend. I can't eat eggs though, and haven't got round to figuring out what I'd need to substitute the eggs with in order to make it!

http://www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipes/hemsley-hemsleys-healthy-flax-bread-recipe
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    try chia seeds soaked in water for the eggs, I've had luck with that substitution in cakes, so it would probably work for bread too
  • lolliopopsnrainbows
    Options
    @tcunbeliever - thanks! I'll give it a go. I've actually got some chia seeds hiding in the back of my cupboard somewhere....
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Lettuce Wrap.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    MIMs - muffins in a minute - easy and delicious, 8.5 carbs

Here's one recipe, I have variations - if you would like it, send me a PM and I will email it to you ...

RECIPE: SAVORY MIMS – makes 1 serving
    ¼ cup (30 g) flax meal (ground flaxseed) (148 / 12 – 0 / 8 S / 8 / 8 / 0 / 4) [GL 0]
    ½ tsp. baking powder (1 / 0 / 238.5 S / .5 / 0 / 0 / 0) [GL 0]
    pinch of salt & black pepper
    herbs / spices of choice
    1 large egg (71 / 5 – 2 / 70 S / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0) [GL 0]
    1 tsp. (4.65 g) butter (33.35 / 3.65 – 2.35 / 27 S / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0) [GL 0]
    DIRECTIONS: Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug and stir.
    Add egg & butter and mix.
    Microwave 1 minute.
    RECIPE TOTAL: (253.35 / 20.65 – 4.35 / 343.5 S / 8.5 / 8 / 0 / 4) [GL 0]

Note - numbers represent:
    (calories / total fat – sat fat / Sodium / carbs / fiber / sugar / protein)[Glycemic Load]
  • Rainqueen77
    Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    https://lowcarbyum.com/gluten-free-garlic-cheese-biscuits/

These are so good! I flatten them a bit and cut in half for sandwiches.
    I usually have them to dip with my egg yokes. =)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    If I want a sandwich experience, I did that a lot at first, very rarely now, I use this recipe for almond buns, he is a paleo guy, not keto/LCHF, but these fit into our WOE easily. I even bought muffin top pans to use for these. I have since found some other things that work well in those pans as you basically get a smaller muffin type food product using them.

http://cavemanketo.com/faux-bread-quest-holy-grail-almond-buns/