Insurance paying for protein

Options
https://www.insurenutrition.com/
I'm on another bariatric site where people are talking about ordering from that link ^^^. You order your protein shakes from them, tell them your surgeons name, and which surgery you had. As long as you have health insurance it gets billed directly to your insurance. I haven't tried yet, has anyone else?

Replies

• clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It seems like an insurance scam to me. They actually send you a very expensive scar cream you don't need that gets charged to your insurance and the protein is thrown in as an incentive. But if the other site is the one I'm thinking of, they are a big advertiser so will shut down any discussion of it being a scam.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It seems too good to be true. Insurance companies are not that generous and I doubt if they would pay for protein mix. If they are paying then my protein is mostly ground turkey and chicken breast, where do I turn in my receipts?
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I haven't used that site and did use my FSA card to buy protein bars and had to jump through hoops to have it covered - letters from my doctor's office, receipts etc -- that was with me paying just using my FSA card.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    I haven't used that site and did use my FSA card to buy protein bars and had to jump through hoops to have it covered - letters from my doctor's office, receipts etc -- that was with me paying just using my FSA card.

I was thinking about using my HSA card for buying protein. Were you able to justify the purchase with the backup you provided?