FAO: 88OLDS

Options
I've been thinking about you! Any idea when you'll get back to Key West?

Simone Mullis, who lives in Marathon, was "broadcasting" live on FB until she lost cell phone coverage. She and her SO decided to hunker down and weather the storm. I'm not sure they weren't regretting that decision before it was all over. But she owns a couple of businesses there, so wanted to be sure she could get back to them as soon as the storm had passed.

Hope you get back soon and find things relatively intact.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    No one is allowed in past MM74, Islamorada. About starting about MM25 to Big Pine MM 40 seems to be wrecked. Marathon supposedly in bad shape.

Key West seems to have done pretty well, but is cut off. Looking at the NOAA satellite images they put up post Irma, our building has a roof. KW flooding was less than Wilma.

The sewers work. The hospital is closed. There is power at some places. I just read that 1 Publix was able to open. A lot of cell service is still out. The water is only on a few hrs per day as there are leaks between KW and Marathon. I've seen some video on FB from people who stayed. Not for me.

Yesterday they were saying 7-10 more days before we can come back. But many people are very anxious and distressed. Worried about homes and businesses. Or currently in lousy conditions. It's going to become a problem.

My only concerns are how much rain may have leaked in my windows and my new a/c condenser on the roof.

Thanks for thinking of me.