Back on track

Options
jcavanna2
jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
So the past few weeks have been crazy -- spent almost 2 weeks back in NY/northeast on "vacation", came back to a crazy week at work and hadn't been able to meal plan, went away that next weekend, another week of no meal planning, back to school and back to the grind.

I can't begin to tell you how it sucked beig out of my food and workout routine. This week I went twice to the gym..the other day with my trainer and she killed me, and even though I could barely walk I got up and left my house at 4:30 am to go and drive 40 mins to the gym and did the spin half of a mixed spin/weights class.

Tomorrow is my first weigh in since August 12th, so I missed 4 weeks of weighing in. Based on my home scale, I know it won't be pretty, but I figure my mindset is back where it needs to be, and we don't have any travel plans anytime soon. I am already deciding what to make for my weekly lunches and dinners so that I can set myself up for what will hopefully be a successful week next week.

While I try not to put too much emphasis on the number on the scale, it is inevitable that I do and will have to pay some attention to that number so that I can keep myself accountable.

Part of me has wondered if some of my gains over the past couple of months is my body trying to find maintenance since my surgery was 4/18/16, but I know I can lose somewhere between 10-20 more, and I want to lose a few more pounds so I can feel more comfortable on my clothes than how I currently feel.

Anxious to face the scale tomorrow and oddly enough, at the same time I am almost looking forward to it so that I can get myself back to where I was and feeling even better again.

At the end of the day, we are all human, and we make mistakes. It's just a matter of what we do with that self awareness that makes a difference in the end. Anyway, thanks for letting me get this off my chest!

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. I think a lot of us have gone through or will go through the same kind of things. We are works in progress, trying to tweak things till we get it right! I have no doubt you will get back on track!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @garber6th I agree that a lot of us probably have gone through this before and if not yet, may at some point which is why I always am brutally honest. I am definitely not perfect and one would think I would have learned from some of my past mistakes but some things I repeat until eventually I won't. I am so determined to get whatever gain I have off! Even though I could barely walk from my training session the other day I made myself get up and go to class today -- I only was able to do the spin portion but it was better than nothing and considering I leave my house at 4:30 am and drive 40 mins to get there I figure it's a step back in the right direction. I don't have anymore travel planned anytime soon so I have no reason or excuse not to get back to my gym routine and plan meals :)
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Ok so just weighed in - up 4.6 lbs since August 12th but I am okay with that. We were out of town for the better part of 4 weeks and we hadn't been able to meal plan and my gym routine had been off though I got there twice this week. I am committed to getting these excess pounds off and I know it could have been a lot worse!