October 15 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    paodgovoahf3.jpg
    For many of us in the northern hemisphere, the weather is growing cooler and Fall is here.
    @craigo3154 in Australia is moving the opposite direction as spring fills the air.
    For those of us in the north, what are some of your favorite memories or joys of Fall?
    Rick
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 15
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 11 Km in 88 mins (hills - elevation gain 605m).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Was good weather so I went for a longer walk today. 11km (which is 6.9 miles). Legs feel it now :) .

Spring is definitely here in Australia. In Melbourne we are expecting our first 30C (86F) day this season on Wednesday. Days are getting longer.

Also managed to get out flying my FPV race quad (had spent a lot of time fixing and tuning when a motor controller burned up mid flight three weeks ago). Flying FPV (first person view) really feels like you are flying. Head mounted goggles receive a real time video feed from the model taking up your entire field of view. Looking forward to a race meet next weekend (flying around a course and avoiding obstacles).

@joyinlife77. Your daughter sound like she's headed for the Olympics (or at least Regionals and Nationals). When I was a kid, I had a neighbour was a water polo player (who did eventually compete in an Olympics). Man can those swimmers eat. More than weight lifters at times.

@ashsmile78. Best of luck in getting what you want for your house.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Spent a chunk of yesterday with my daughter. We all know why MOM foot the bill. Lol We bought her a dress for her next dissertation. A couple blouses and then when I got home I ordered the skirt to go with the blouse. I am amazed to see her this heavy. I loved the top of this one dress on her so I go can I try it on do you think it will be long enough? The top was so cute it was just too tight. I put it on and I looked like an old lady in a moomoo it just hung on me. She was like where are your shoulders, where are your boobs. To make light of it I go at my waist I am not young. We both knew I needed a smaller size but we weren't going there and I stopped trying on clothes.

Well I need to get moving till later.
  • freshslimlook
    freshslimlook Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Being the middle of the month I would like to jump in and take part of the challenge. I need the structure of daily accountability. I will wait for the chance at the winners circle next month. :) Thanks!
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    As promised some piccies from the weekend.

b7xyavecszdz.jpg
    and onq1qkh9r7t6.jpg
    [ialdhwppkxz3s.jpg
    4col3a8b22j0.jpg
    f36zhmko2tcz.jpg
    m9e1tptuxdqc.jpg
    5jkfjjearqcz.jpg
    ]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/r9/k6jtbmniks92.jpg[/img]
    asyvsgahw25m.jpg
    lr313qabaqn6.jpg
    gksfelfqnpjx.jpg
    9t6pfmta55lo.jpg
    d1oclqcq9csn.jpg
    ftrb8vv77eq6.jpg
    cdpc9fdqu6z7.jpg
    4ee2kzn6vnfk.jpg
    bukndcz6jfb8.jpg
    z1d58v5j4uoq.jpg

The two graves are taken from the Animal Cemetery at Rufford. These two are dogs that belonged to the Lords of the Abbey.
    There are more and a horse too, but his/her name has eroded from the gravestone, unfortunately.

The top two photos are of the Major Oak at Sherwood Forest.

I have so many more, but I didn't want to flood this post with photos!!!

Sooo....today - Oct 15th

Exercised?: Yes.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

A six mile walk, then a 4 mile bike ride has been my exercise for the day.
    Some of that walking is to town and back, walking through a local park and nature reserve.

Total distance travelled - 10 miles
    Total steps walked: 16,154
    Total calories burned: 698
    Total calories consumed: 1176

An easy day today - back into my usual exercise regime next week now the celebrations are all over. Until the next birthday that is - mine in December, lol.

A friend has given me his old bike (Voodoo Marasa) and rode to Rufford on it and by heck it was a lovely ride. The brakes were a bit dodgy and I ended up coming back with no back brake at all, lol, but I managed (he did tell me the brakes needed repairing) - but even with that fault it was such a lovely change from riding mine.
    It's now in for repair, so I'm hoping to have it back by Tuesday - fingers crossed - and I'll be using that one from now on!

@freshslimlook - welcome to the UAC.
    @craigo3154 - great walk and nice to hear you've got the quad fixed.

Have a lovely evening everyone...xx
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (75 min. of horseback riding)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    @freshslimlook - Welcome, this is a great group, very supportive!!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 60 minutes Trail Running training, and 90 minutes strength training.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Ty @craigo3154 I have my eyes, fingers, and toes crossed. Someone looked at it tonight. So we’ll see!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

Being in Wisconsin, I love the changing of the trees. It's what come after that that I don't like...LOL! (Brrrr!)
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Favorite fall memories include having the day off from school to go to the county fair, going through the animal barns, the domestic exhibits and then riding the rides.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Fall in northern Minnesota is beautiful. Our leaves change color, and the temperature is comfortable. I haven’t been out to enjoy it as much as I would like with school, but I love to hike this time of year. Fishing is also a lot of fun around fall.

Another fall time favorite is football! Today, the MN Vikings took on our rivals the WI Packers. I partook in the festivities and took a pass day :)
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Here are a few pictures from I took when fishing last weekend:
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Took a nice chilly walk today, but it is getting pretty here!
  • ShelleyMJ46
    ShelleyMJ46 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Track:yes
    Calories:under
    Exercise: no-nada-nothing today
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    15-Oct-2017

Exercise: I like to do some really long workouts, on the weekend. Today, though, I did a couple of really long workouts. I did 90+ minutes of tough bicycling and then my friend wanted to go for an 'easy' walk.

Well, that 'easy' walk was actually a mountain hike that took nearly 3.5 hours and climbed 2200 feet. We didn't even make the last 0.6miles because we were exhausted!

Calories: yes, under.

Tracking: yes, everything

I hope that you've all had a fantastic weekend.

Also...favourite joys of fall include the cooler weather, the beautiful fall colours, and planting the flower bulbs that will bloom next spring. Great time of year:)
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    @freshslimlook Welcome to UAC.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (worked out at home to Jillian Michaels Kick boxing 30minutes)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1249 calories today)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (drank 8-8oz glasses of water)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @trixsey1; @carlsoda; @pears734 (the fisherwoman, who knew?), Thanks for your beautiful photos!!
    Yesterday's report: Pass Day #4. I spent the weekend with my mother who will be in her home for the next week or two before the cardiologist and team try to deal with the femoral arterial blockage. When I deal with my mother, I have not enough emotional 'bandwidth' to deal with my healthy habits. I'm out of the Winner's Circle for the first time in many months, but I do practice what I preach. I will keep reporting in every day.
    Today:
    Calories: under my limit by 535
    Tracking; ok
    Exercise: an early morning 28 minute stroll
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 19k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.