Join!

Options
Sroboto81
Sroboto81 Posts: 20 Member
I did a search for a pre-diabetes group and came up empty, so I decided to make one! If you find you are in this particular boat and want to have a group to support you, please feel free to join!

Replies

• oehlers
    oehlers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm glad you started this group! My doc took me off my Metformin due to side effects. I am determined to get my blood sugar under control with diet, so I won't have to start another drug! So far its working. :)
  • sherig28
    sherig28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One week in to this "prediabetic" lifestyle. I refuse to go into medication without giving it my ALL to control this myself. I begin diabetic education tomorrow evening and have made so many drastic changes to my diet already. Thank you SO much for creating this group! I have until Dec. 21/17 to lower my levels.
  • Sroboto81
    Options
    oehlers wrote: »
    Hi I'm glad you started this group! My doc took me off my Metformin due to side effects. I am determined to get my blood sugar under control with diet, so I won't have to start another drug! So far its working. :)

What is your strategy? Do you avoid certain foods? Track your grams of sugars per day? I would love to know what is working for you!
  • Sroboto81
    Options
    sherig28 wrote: »
    One week in to this "prediabetic" lifestyle. I refuse to go into medication without giving it my ALL to control this myself. I begin diabetic education tomorrow evening and have made so many drastic changes to my diet already. Thank you SO much for creating this group! I have until Dec. 21/17 to lower my levels.

That is awesome! I am looking into a class I can attend as well. My doc gave me the challenge of losing 15% of my body weight before I can be off the meds. I am SO determined to do it. My goal is by January 5th, which will be about 20 weeks total.

Anything you want to share about your class experience would be greatly appreciated!
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    This is a really inspiring group - look forward to getting to know everyone. I already feel more motivated!
  • unkeptwalnut
    unkeptwalnut Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just recently started tracking again. Technically my A1C puts me in diabetic range (6.6) but I fully intend to get it back down. I was "trying" to manage with diet and exercise for 3 months but also dealing with family stress and mental health so that was unsuccessful. So now I'm tracking, started metformin yesterday and I figured I would reach out for more support.
  • Sroboto81
    Options
    Welcome! Sorry for the delay in response