New to the group, but excited for lifting!

Options
Hi all,
I've been playing around with weights for a few months now and decided to commit to an actual program. This is the one I picked. I just finished week 1 of stage 1 and am looking forward to pushing ahead.

Cheers! :drinker:

Replies

• breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Since I can't lift currently but have a plan in place for when I can...and I'm good with that...I'm wondering if this isn't a great time to get educated.

I have at least 30lbs of fat to lose. I'm working on that...very slowly as I don't want to lose muscle so I'm just being cautious but eventually I want to be down to very low body fat through lifting...right now I'm doing activity..walking/biking/swimming/big hike planned for Saturday and Sunday..things like that...

I think my goals are reasonable...but more achievable if I have ALL the information. Perhaps the benefit of all of your experience..has anyone in here lost fat as they became all trim and fit and strong? Or did everybody start out lean?

I know my body has reshaped. When I was on vacation I saw an old friend...she complimented me on how sculpted my waist line now is...the lifting has done that and my bum is rounder.

I've started squatting and pushups at home to just do something strength wise also.

But please tell me what you did and are doing..I expect next year this time to be a very different physical shape. :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Awesome! have fun!
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I shall!