Best Doctors visit ever!

Options
Had a follow up Dr. appointment today in 4 months I have dropped my Cholesterol 58 points, my triglycerides 413 points and my A1c 6.1 points. all of my tests were in the normal/good range. The Dr. kept saying "this doesn't happen" and "I've never seen this". I'm pretty pumped!

Replies

• amyfrogred
    amyfrogred Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That's a great Dr's visit, good for you. You had some great results in for months. Are you taking any meds right now that you could stop taking?
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    He said if I start experiencing any low readings he'll adjust my metformin. But right now he said let's keep doing what we're doing.
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome Dr visit. WTG tracker. You have to be on cloud nine after that visit.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I had a doctor's appointment Monday. I had my results from the blood draw, and they were very good. Cholesterol ratios were not so hot, but the A1C was 5.5, liver enzymes were low normal after being high for years. I had lost 100 lbs (99 on his scales - grrr).

I got a "Well that is a good start." He did cut my metformin dose in half. I was hoping for a high five at least, but I knew he was a grouch.

Your visit sounded more affirming. Congrats!
  • kaye4health
    Options
    Well here is your ^5.... Wtg on your visit too. :smiley: Hope your cholesterol ratios are better with your next visit. Then maybe he/she will give you that high 5.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I am not holding my breath on the high 5. I figure if I did not get one last time, there is not going to be one down the road either. I do wonder if the particle size lipid profile would have looked better.
  • kaye4health
    Options
    well if your Dr. won't give high 5's. then in your minds eye. Just picture that the Dr did do a high 5.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Had a follow up Dr. appointment today in 4 months I have dropped my Cholesterol 58 points, my triglycerides 413 points and my A1c 6.1 points. all of my tests were in the normal/good range. The Dr. kept saying "this doesn't happen" and "I've never seen this". I'm pretty pumped!

Wow! Congratulations. Visits to the doctor don't go much better than that.
    2t9nty wrote: »
    I had a doctor's appointment Monday. I had my results from the blood draw, and they were very good. Cholesterol ratios were not so hot, but the A1C was 5.5, liver enzymes were low normal after being high for years. I had lost 100 lbs (99 on his scales - grrr).

I got a "Well that is a good start." He did cut my metformin dose in half. I was hoping for a high five at least, but I knew he was a grouch.

Your visit sounded more affirming. Congrats!

Maybe he is jealous that you found a better way to fix things than he offered. ;)
  • EdinTx
    EdinTx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Woohooooooo!!! That’s awesome.