Gained weight on vacation during reset

Options
sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
Went on vacation for 6 days, ate badly, stayed at a friend's, she is on she was on a yoyo diet andeats nothing. I ate crap.....I gained 5 lbs...on top of the I gained last week. The only thing I changed was my macros...frustrated, gonna get back in the swing tomorrow...... :)

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Probably just water weight (high sodium and carbs) - it would be pretty hard to actually "gain" 5 pounds in 6 days... That would be some serious overeating!

Hop right back on the train, and it will be gone before you know it :-)
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Eating crap and vacation go hand in hand!! LOL! Get back in control!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I tried to stay the course - but stocking my fridge at home for hubby and a fridge on vacation just was not in the budget this month. My friend is on some weird 11 day diet where she eats only certain foods each day, loses like 7 lbs and then cheats for 3 days and then back at it.......explaining the EM1WL concept to her is like explaining how to disarm a nuclear bomb. She swears that what she is doing works......and just see's me as fat. So that is frustrating. Also was in Walmart yesterday and I could hear this man and woman on the next aisle, trying to decide on what protein powder and bars to get, well I buy the Body Fortress right now until I can afford to invest better and went around and told him what I do and which kind I get, they looked at me like I was a delusional freak.......I am 240 lbs - 5'5" tall and fat...who is gonna listen to me. So that can be quite depressing too....

I think I am just MOODY!!!!
  • grandpoobah12
    Options
    I know how you feel. of course people associate how you look with what they think you are. Too bad they are totally wrong!! It doesn`t matter what they do. You can feel smug that you are healthy and happy and will be through your plateau soon. Look you already lost a bunch of weight. The people in the store don`t know that. Your friend maybe knows that but cant see through the weight you have left to lose. And she is on a diet herself, depriving herself of anything that she likes, it is definitly driving her crazy to see you eat 'like crap'.

Plus she thinks her crazy diet will take her to her goal weight. hmmmm I`ve done diets like this. Haven`t you? :smooched:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Went on vacation for 6 days, ate badly, stayed at a friend's, she is on she was on a yoyo diet andeats nothing. I ate crap.....I gained 5 lbs...on top of the I gained last week. The only thing I changed was my macros...frustrated, gonna get back in the swing tomorrow...... :)

Always be prepared to do the math, both directions, to keep realistic view of what is happening.
    To confirm it was not fat.

5 lbs x 3500 cal/lb of fat = 17500 excess calories needed if fat
    17500 / 6 days of time = 2917 calories over TDEE daily would have to be eaten to obtain that much fat gain.

Not 2917 over current eating level, over TDEE.
    Now, if you laid in bed all day injured with really low TDEE and ate big time, that could be possible.

Otherwise, that would be difficult to obtain.

Ya, just proved you had a lot of glucose stores to top off, which stores with water.

I'd actually examine current eating level based on your estimated TDEE, may still be rather low.