What's your plan?

Options
Sroboto81
Sroboto81 Posts: 20 Member
So I have approached my goal of weight loss and control of my food intake as I would approach a problem at work- using project management. Nerdy? Oh yeah! But looking back at every time I have made an effort to lose weight I was never quite successful, whereas I kick major a** at completion of projects at work... Giving it a try made sense.
I have put together a project plan, with a time line, benchmarks and defined scope and goal as well. Research was needed to make my short term goals realistic and achievable through the actions outline. This has helped me wrap my head around the next 16 weeks of my current "project".

What works for you? What is your plan?

Replies

• OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I've done something similar. Wow! I am also nerdy ;-P, science / IT nerd and art nerd (as well as all the Sci-Fi and Fantasy goodness). My initial project is three weeks in scope. I use Google Calendar to e-mail me daily with a link to my two docs (one focused on my exercise goals, the other dietary). I post in daily to myself how I'm doing so I can see what is working and what is not working. I keep it like a science log, not erasing anything as I go. I also utilize Habitica.com and have my little to-do lists and that has been evolving for a year now.

I hope to come up with a personalized solution that works the best for myself.

I'm doing a calorie cycling experiment for three weeks. I call it Duck, Duck, Goose. Duck days I cut calories down as low as I can and try to cut out fat, no sugar, no wheat, no or low dairy, no oils of any sort. I come in around 1200-1500 calories, mostly produce though. Goose days I don't go crazy but it's something like: unsweetened oatmeal > snack > salad > snack > brown rice and veggies with maybe some chicken. That way, possibly, I won't adapt and adjust to just lower calorie amounts.

Anyway, it's an experiment. Will see if it works. :D

Maybe we should have a Friday thread of "is this working?" :-P or how we are doing or something.

• Sroboto81
    Options
    That's awesome! I like the duck duck goose idea and I am curious how it works out long ter.
    Iam happy to set up a Friday check in discussion! It is a great idea and can help with accountability :D

I will have to check out habitica.com...
  • tonic415
    tonic415 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m focusing on using this app regularly and initial weight loss first. I guess my numbers were low enough to not be in the Metformin category but I don’t want to get there. My weight is my biggest problem at this point. I’m also a geeky project manager so am loving the data.
  • Sroboto81
    Options
    tonic415 wrote: »
    I’m focusing on using this app regularly and initial weight loss first. I guess my numbers were low enough to not be in the Metformin category but I don’t want to get there. My weight is my biggest problem at this point. I’m also a geeky project manager so am loving the data.

I love to see the data as well! Between this app and my Fitbit I am in health data heaven
  • L2coolbreeze
    L2coolbreeze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with pre diabetes. My doctor says I have been sitting on the fence for a few years. Several opinions on using the MFP app or not is to quit counting calories. I should only track the big three: carbs, protein & fiber. Any thoughts? I like this App. I think counting calories important. Plus, I do need to lose 15 lbs. My opinion not a doctor’s order.