How much sugar per day?

Options
Sroboto81
Sroboto81 Posts: 20 Member
I have completely cut out any added sugar from my diet and it sucks. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth... Any good recipe's for low or no sugar desserts?

Replies

• OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I drink Stash brand Licorice Spice caffeine free herbal tea. It is sweet but no sugar. There is also some Stevia drops in vanilla called "Sweet Leaf" it comes in an eye dropper. That is pretty handy because Stevia can be so bitter but the vanilla helps. My go-to is herbal teas, there are some good ones.

I love sweets - not going to lie. I have been on Prunes lately. The ones that are individually wrapped. Depending on how you count your sugar they may be too much though, 5prunes =15 grams of sugar, the prunes are 100 calories. I never had a prune before in my life, but I was also kinda desperate for something sweet. Add claimed they were a lot like candy so thought I would give them a try. I like them! But they are something I have to be careful with. I have digestion issues so were scared of them but so far - win. Most dried fruit I can't eat at all because of GI upset.

For my daughter I make her a dessert that is canned pumpkin (plain), plain greek yogurt, and then I sprinkle it with pumpkin spice and drizzle a little honey (she totally won't eat it without the honey). I sometimes have trouble digesting dairy so I don't do yogurt too much, sometimes though, I do like plain yogurt with a bit of honey.

I was having a little block of dark chocolate in the evening but started having my face break out in a bad rash. I stopped the chocolate - still have the rash - so maybe I can have a little chocolate again.

I bought an air popper for pop corn and I make the family some, I can't really eat it myself but they really do like it and it's healthier than the bag type pop corn.

If you come up with some novel good eats - would love to hear!

• tonic415
    tonic415 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know it may sound like BS but so far fresh fruit has been enough. I more of a bread craver.
  • Sroboto81
    Sroboto81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    tonic415 wrote: »
    I know it may sound like BS but so far fresh fruit has been enough. I more of a bread craver.

I have never been a fruit eater and recently i had a baked peach with cinnamon... Life changed! Now I feel like fruit is absolutely enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. I wonder if abstaining completely helped ween me off of sugar? Maybe...