New keto app - Senza

Options
kristafb
kristafb Posts: 770 Member
Not sure if any of you have seen the Senza app yet but its awesome!! Totally free, its all about keto, like mfp you can use it to track food, it automatically does net carbs for you, also it has recipes that are keto and one of my favorite features is a mapping feature that will show you all restaurants near you and how many low carb options that restaurant has, you can then click on it & it will show you the menu items. Very helpful, especially if you lives somewhere who hasn't even heard of low carb yet, like I do. lol

Don't get me wrong, I love MFP, hard core MFP girl haven't missed a day in over 1300 days now, but I'm coming here more for the social side of things lately and using senza for tracking.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Oh fun. I installed it and played with it a bit. I enjoy experimenting with the different apps. Right now I'm using Nutritionix just for a change from MFP. I entered the 4 foods I've had so far today in Senza. They were all in the app and had accurate data. Numbers coincide with Nutritionix. I like the bright colors on Senza but it has me only at 1330 calories to maintain 140 at my age and gender. That's a couple hundred lower than typical for me but I know different apps use different formulas.

Looks like we're lifers @kristafb. I'm about to hit 1600 days!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    @kpk54 you can adjust your macros it's quite easy to do under your profile you just tap on the number and then change it. I change my curves it had me at 25 when I dropped it down to 20 which is my usual. They have great customer service if you have any questions he just emailed her support and they get back to you within minutes usually. If you have a recipe you want them to add to the system you just send it to them, a link or a picture of it and they'll add it almost immediately. I had emailed them earlier today asking them to make a change to the weight category by adding a decimal point so you can have partial pounds and I commented saying some days I really need to see .2 or .4 because I'm having slower weight loss and it's more encouraging than having nothing. They replied saying they would definitely do that and then went on to ask me what they could do to help me increase my weight loss and going to give the information I gave them to the nutritionist or whoever it is they're working with to see if they can give me some advice which I thought was really cool
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Cool. Got it. Just found the exercise stuff too.