FINAL DAY 200 SQUATS!!!!!!!!!!! CHECK IN

Options
Wow you are all so amazing. I am very proud of you all. You completed the July squat challenge. Pat yourself on the back (actually pat yourself on the butt) since we worked on it so hard. 200 squats today. Our highest day. I'm feeling great about it. I think I will do sets of 50 today. My butt and thighs have changed so much. I am going to buy a new pair of cute jeans today as my reward.

Thank you all for helping keep everyone motivated. We started this challenge with 216 people. Most of those people didn't complete it but that's OK because YOU DID.!!! Feel proud of this accomplishment. I'm guessing we have about 20 people who completed the whole month which is a way better turnout then I expected. Its a tough commitment and I want to say congratulations to all of them.

Thank you my moderators I really appreciated your help and being there for me and the group when I was unable to be.

NOW ladies& gentleman tell me about your results. How do you feel ??? stronger? toner? less cellulite? butt lifted? What is the biggest difference you noticed??? Im excited to hear everyone's results!

Personally, my butt and gravity stopped being friends. It has perked up. I also feel a lot smoother on my thighs. The cellulite I had is practically gone. I feel so much stronger, When I started squatting it was very hard. The first week I struggled to complete my days, Now I feel like my legs are powerful. Anyone who hasn't added me already on MFP please do.

CONGRATULATIONS

Replies

• anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You've been a fantastic motivator throughout, so thank you :flowerforyou:

I've got just 50 left to do today, yay! I did all of mine while holding 1lb hand weights. Not heavy I know but I've got very weak arms. My knees ache a bit today but I was out on a 50 min run last night, so it might be the after affects of that too. I think I'm happier with my rear end. I don't suppose I'll ever look at it and think "perfect". I've carried a negative feeling about my rear for too many years for it to just disappear (not my rear but the feeling, lol). I do look at myself and think "yep, you'll do for 49".

I'll take and post measurements tomorrow.

It's been great logging in every day and checking out everybody's post. Well done each and all for completing the challenge. :happy:
  • cjjgoodwin
    cjjgoodwin Posts: 13
    Options
    Wasn't able to follow you all the time and probably only completed 75% of the challenge, but thank you for setting it and keeping us going.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the motivation. I got 100 in this morning and will be doing 100 before my jog tonight. Last I checked I had lost TWO inches (25 to 23 in) on the widest part of each thigh. I think it's mostly inner thigh flab I lost. Awesome! I hope everyone can see the changes and their hard work paid off!
  • anne2605
    Options
    Completed all 200. What a great feeling.
  • wylnora
    wylnora Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This was my second shot at completing a squat challenge, and I am very happy to say that today's 200 squats are DONE! My legs definitely feel stronger, my thighs look slimmer and my bum looks like it lifted a little. I do wish that I took measurements before starting this challenge, but I am feeling really proud for finishing this! Also, I never want to do another squat again. :laugh:

Congratulations everyone! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    200 squats done!! It is hard to believe the month is over!! Congrats to all my fellow squatters!!! :happy:
  • cathyg321
    cathyg321 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    200 Done!
    1 set of 50..... 6 sets of 25 (that seems so lame just LOOKING at the number 25!)

Well, thanks to all the moderators who have not only set this challenge up, but kept it running.
    I looked forward to checking in everyday. It gives a sense of "accomplishment..." I dunno...

Results? For sure my legs are MUCH stronger! My endurance level is up as well... though it's difficult to realize that
    after seeing how I "wimped out" on those sets of 25... :blushing: My thighs "feel" more slender, and my pants are now 'very loose" on me which is GOOD ... but the best news of all was my husband TELLING me my thighs looked "smaller!" :bigsmile:

Not sure where everybody is going. I suppose I will just have to look around and see... Great job, everyone! WE MADE IT!!
  • cathyg321
    cathyg321 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Also, I never want to do another squat again. :laugh:

Lol.. HERE, HERE!! I'll second that! Yes, absolutely :laugh: :laugh:
  • jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Our last squat together~for now! It has been fun!!

2.27 run
    207 squats dun n dusted for the challenge
    20 situps

Good night all!! and keep squatting!!
  • QueenMJD
    QueenMJD Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    200 done!!! I feel great! I feel like I look more toned and lifted, husband agrees so it must be!!:happy: I'm so glad i completed this challenge!!!
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    All 200 DONE!!! I lost 1 3/4 in. from my thigh, and 3 in. from my hips! :love:

As far as "seeing" a difference. Well, I don't really look at my butt, but my husband says it is narrower and getting a "bubble". lol! I guess that "bubble" is a good thing.

My legs definitely feel stronger too! I think I am going to keep squatting!! Maybe not 200 or even 100 a day, but something more reasonable for the long term like 50 or 75. :happy:
  • Daz49ers
    Daz49ers Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    All done, im pleased that i stuck with it even though i have srugged the last few weeks in general feel the squat challenge has kept me going, iv lost 15.4 lbs in the month and im sure this challenge hasnt got everything with everythingto do with it but it as helped, but iv gone from a 42 size jeans to size 38

Thanks for everyhing!!!!!
  • anne2605
    Options
    All done, im pleased that i stuck with it even though i have srugged the last few weeks in general feel the squat challenge has kept me going, iv lost 15.4 lbs in the month and im sure this challenge hasnt got everything with everythingto do with it but it as helped, but iv gone from a 42 size jeans to size 38

Thanks for everyhing!!!!!

Wow Daz49ers that's a 3lb per week weight loss! Congratulations! That, together with the drop in pant size, is an amazing achievement