Mini Goal Challenge - Week of Sept 25th to Oct 1st

Options
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options

*** SOME INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES TO PUMP US UP THIS WEEK ***

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -- Aristotle

"A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step." -- Lao Tzu

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent." –Marilyn vos Savant

"Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach." –Tony Robbins

:smiley: HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND REMEMBER, IT IS NOT ABOUT PERFECTION, BUT CONSISTENCY :smiley:

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Goals week of 9/25/17:
    1) Five blue dot days WW (& no fast foods) - 0/5
    2) 6500 step goal - 0/3
    3) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/2 (de-clutter)
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 0/4
    5) 7 hours sleep – 0/3
    6) Tu, W, Th, F, Sa, S, M (no check in - )

887823.png
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week:

1. Take snacks to the gym to eat on the way home.
    2. Pre-plan meals for heavy exercise days with extra food and calories
    That's it! These 2 have been very hard for me. Gotta work hard to conquer them.
  • toxiclassie
    toxiclassie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Goals for the week
    1) drink more water
    2) go to gym 3 days
  • valiantrunner
    valiantrunner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Goals for the week:
    1) Drink my water bottle twice each day (it's a 32oz) (M Tu W Th F Sa Su)
    2) Track each day (M Tu W Th F Sa Su)

I'm starting over, I figure I should set goals for success :wink:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Here are a few of my favorite inspirational quotes:

You never fail until you stop trying. (Einstein)
    A year from now you may wish you had started today. (Karen Lamb)
    Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. (Winston Churchill)

Goals for the week:

1. In bed by 9:30 on weeknights.
    2. Gym Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday.
    3. Prep breakfast and lunch for the next day each day.
    4. Plan dinner ahead of time.
    5. 10 push-ups daily.
    6. Log everything.
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all mini warriors. It is a new week and we can make progress. progress not perfection.

so last week I was able to log and meet my fat grams and calorie goals. I have been doing this a couple of weeks so need to work on what I am not doing. Going to keep it simple as far as goals this week, not that it will be easy.

My goals
    1. 5,000 steps daily
    2. workout 3 times
  • forestrose910
    Options

Goals week of 9/25/17:
    1) Five blue dot days WW (& no fast foods) - 0/5
    2) 6500 step goal - 0/3
    3) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/2 (de-clutter)
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 0/4
    5) 7 hours sleep – 0/3
    6) Tu, W, Th, F, Sa, S, M (no check in - )

887823.png

Great goals. keep moving forward and do what you can. you can do this.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Here are a few of my favorite inspirational quotes:

You never fail until you stop trying. (Einstein)
    A year from now you may wish you had started today. (Karen Lamb)
    Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. (Winston Churchill)

Goals for the week:

1. In bed by 9:30 on weeknights.
    2. Gym Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday.
    3. Prep breakfast and lunch for the next day each day.
    4. Plan dinner ahead of time.
    5. 10 push-ups daily.
    6. Log everything.
    Thanks for the quotes!! and good goals!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Not a great week last week. I was up a pound today. and it was the eating. I did great on steps and movement. I did intentional exercises 5 days so it was that eating and I know what it was. Junk and fast food food. So I am going to tweak my goals on that end and remove step goal since I have been very consistent hitting it and focus on keeping that one going but working on the food end more diligently. Get back to more clean eating and eliminating the JUNK :neutral:

Goals week of 9/25/17:
    1) Six blue dot days WW - 0/6
    2) vegetables – 0/4
    3) No fast food - 0/6
    4) No junk food – 0/6
    5) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/2 (de-clutter)
    * Tu, W, Th, F, Sa, S, M (no check in -)

887823.png
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Goals this week:
    1. Drink at least 8 oz of water as soon as I get home from work each day.
    2. Walk at least 15 minutes daily.
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys Love the quotes - thanks for sharing. especially the one about your future self wishing you'd a started today!

@forestrose910 thanks for the support, yes, I want to keep on trucking - Your laser focus on the tough stuff is sure to work, good luck with that renewed focus.

Molly - good planning on your part to work on the areas that you can see took you down the wrong path. Good luck with this strategy. I also find I get lots of activity, but forget to pay attention to the special treats that seem to appear before me more often than not!!

Good luck to the rest of you on hitting your goals - remember to check in and let us know how you're doing!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks Julie! Just passed up Brownies at work!! All of stuff at work is junk food along with chips, vending machines, etc etc. I have to buckle down. 13 weeks before year out and I want to be down about 20 more pounds at least..... and I have to eliminate that CRAP even when socializing :)

Welcome to the new Warriors!! :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Welcome to the new Warriors!! :)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks @IsMollyReallyHungry for getting us going again. Thanks also to you and to @clicketykeys for the motivational quotes. The Einstein quote and the Marilyn vos Savant are my favs when it comes to weight control and fitness. Thanks @torontojulie and @forestrose910 for your friendly support.

I've had such success with my previous mini-goals that it's time to assume that some of them are habits now and to move on to some new goals.

1) Eat all meals at the kitchen table
    2) Eat my meals at a reasonable pace (I tend to gobble my food down when I'm sitting at the table by myself)
    3) Review calendar and prep, 5 times per week
    4) Consider/journal ways daily to lounge less and get more accomplished

I'm veering away a little from health and fitness with those last two, except that when I am better prepared for all that's coming at me I'm less stressed and less likely to use food as comfort. I'm hoping that a week of considering how to make better use of my time (my number 4 mini goal) will help me come up with strategies but if anyone here has advice, I'd be delighted to hear it.

Have a great week everyone!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I did not realize how much junk I had been eating. Passed up skins at gas station and brownies at work! Had a small handful of smoked almonds from the trunk of my car. I keep almonds and pistachios in my trunk if hungry and to make sure no fast foods. I have been ignoring them. lol Time to start back using them for emergencies as were their intended use. :) Goodnight!!
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    This is my first time in this group but I've seen it several times.

Goals for week of 9/25:
    - 4 days with exercise
    - Increase iron intake
    - No added sugars (except 1 tbsp molasses which I take for iron)
    - 2L water per day

9/25:
    Exercise: yes, 50 min hike
    Iron: multivitamin at least
    Sugar: restaurant canned fruit had sugar :(
    Water: not enough
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Week goals - 25-2
    log food and water 2/7
    Daily planks 0/7
    Daily yoga 1/7
    advo challange -
    stay positive 2/7
    keep on keeping on 2/7

@ Forestrose910 - thank you so much starting fresh today. I can do this.

@IsMollyReallyHungry - Nice finish for the week. Thanks for this weeks quotes all so true. No brownies I need your
    will power the sweets are what have been kinking my ... I have been in the green but only because of my steps.
    Not under the 1200 cals.

@goldthistime - 4 for 4 great job!!! Nice that goals are now habits wish I could get there every time I get close
    something seems to happen that throws me a curve. Like your new focus good luck.

@valiantrunner - Success is always good here are some good vibes coming your way - - -

@clicketykeys - Thanks for the quotes.

@cjsacto - welcome and wonderful goals.

New day I am going to try to stay away from sugar and to keep calories down to 1200 as a last resort stay green. The next 5 weeks are going to be trying from me because I am not home in the evening three days of the week. positive thinking and wishes welcome.

Elaine
    213/216/199
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    1. In bed by 9:30 on weeknights. 0/1 (but 9:45 was close!)
    2. Gym Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. 1/1
    3. Prep breakfast and lunch for the next day each day. 1/1
    4. Plan dinner ahead of time. 2/2
    5. 10 push-ups daily. 1/1
    6. Log everything. 1/1
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! great to see so much activity and support. Keep going and working on your health and good habits.

Clicketykeys- great goals. Good start to your week.loved the quotes. the one from Karen Lamb hit home. I remember saying to a couple of friends that were all trying to lose weight that 1 pound weight loss was just too frustrating and not worth the sacrifice. but then I realized if I lost a pound a week, I would weigh 50 pounds less in a year. nothing to scoff at.

mepeiffer- can I call you Elaine? excellent start to your week. good lunch with your challenge of not being home in the evening for 3 days each week. One thing that might help is to think about what food choices you can make that would be better choices from what you have. also have something with protein with you so that you don't get over hungry. nuts are good. good thoughts are coming your way.

cjsacto- welcome to the group. glad you could join us. good start with your goals. keep going.

Molly- so wise of you to take a look at habits that are not good for you and trying to get back to healthier ones that work and reduce the sabotage. good luck this week. I know you can avoid all that junk. you are correct when you say things at work are junk food. but we can't control coworkers, just ourselves.

goldthistime- I applaud you for making your minigoals now habits and for not taking the easy road and keeping them the same. as far as your last two goals not being health and fitness, this is your forum. whatever helps you in your journey are good goals. you will find many new habits that are not related to food or exercise, ultimately help with your overall goals. great job.

meghanebk- Welcome. you goals are a great way to get yourself in the mindset for success. have a great week.

corinasue1143- Welcome to your group. Planning and prep are such good habits to get in to and to help with healthy habits. one or two goals that challenge you can make a big difference especially once you conquer them. Good luck this week.

toxiclassie- Welcome to the group. Great goals this week. try to check in with the group and let us know how you are doing.

valiantrunner- Welcome. setting goals that you have a very good chance of achieving is an excellent way to get back on track. you can be successful. have a good week.

Monday check in
    My goals
    1. 5,000 steps daily 0/7
    2. workout 3 times 0/3
    not a great start but my steps were very close to 5,000 so that is a good thing. I need to get cracking. these are my current challenges.
This discussion has been closed.