I hit goal today :)

Options
So, I just wanted to share that I finally hit goal (actually dropped below it) and I'm super excited. I thought it might take until closer to my trip Nov. 11th, but it basically just dropped off this time.

So, now I need support keeping it off, which has never been my "forte". I think in the last 6 years I've hit "goal" about 4 times. I feel like I'm in this mental cycle where I can lose and I can gain but my brain doesn't do the "middle" thing.

So now the fun beginnings. Letting my brain adjust to eating almost 500 calories more per day. My short term goal is to not go any more than 2lb up or down until Nov. 11th.

I think I'll focus on my getting my macros right now. That will at least give me a mental way to get back to "normal" again. I know I can't just go from 1300 to 1800 calories in a day, but I can work up to it, slowly.

Happy Monday everyone! Hope it's a great one!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,140 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's fantastic, just apply the same discipline to maintenance as you have to losing and you will be fine :smile:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Just keep paying attention to those numbers and don't worry about fluctuations. Give yourself an upper and lower limit.
  • grayduckyogini
    grayduckyogini Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I know WHAT to do, but sometimes my mind tells me something totally different!

My BF saw me weighing "light mayo" yesterday and called me "compulsive". I'm suprised he didn't set up an intervention yet. I tried to explain that I had to keep weighing portions so I know how much I'm eating (knowledge is power) even though I can now eat more. He doesn't get it. He said "you lost the weight, now you are done". I told him it doesn't work that way - and that's how I took all the other times I got to goal and had to do it all over again.

It will take time to get used to the changes, but I think I can do it!
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Congrats!