October Challenge

Options
Hey everyone!

The October spreadsheet is ready.

If there's anything you forgot to fill in for September, just let me know and I'll add it.

I haven't had much luck with my weight loss goals for a while now so I'd like to change that this month. If I lose anything, I'll be happy.

What is everyone else's goals?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,937 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Oh lol oops I missed this.

@WifiresGettingFit thanks once again for setting up the spreadsheet!

My goals for the month:

1) Stay on track a bit better. Use the spreadsheet more.
    2) Lose 1.5-2 lb or so.
    3) Finish the freaking backyard lol. We need to stain the pergola, finish the steps for the deck and lay down rock. Maybe plant a tree.
    4) Start sleep training Keith as soon as he is 4 months old. Come on Oct. 18.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Happy October!

My goals for the month:

1) Stay active--getting walks in everyday

2) Maintain weight

3) Menu Plan and meal prep

4) Dig deeper into insurance and HR benefits--and decide how much time I can afford to take off unpaid so I have an idea before talking to my manager.

5) Nap whenever I can get away with it!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie You're welcome! Glad to help =) Great goals! Hopefully this month is the month for the backyard to be finished! =)

@SheilAnneSmith Happy October! Great goals! =) How are you going about menu planning? I'm curious as it's something I'd like to implement myself.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit well if we don't finish it this month that's kind of it for the year haha. Snow might fly before Hallowe'en!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Oh, well then I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's this month! haha
  • SheilAnneSmith
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit I'm not sure my menu planning is too exciting/organized. It's the same method I used while losing weight in the past, I just use a plain note book and write the days down the side. I plan for both my Lunch and Dinner for Marlin and I. He works so late that he usually eats a bigger late breakfast, then snacks mid-afternoon and eats dinner with me at 5-6pm.

I usually start with something on Monday night I know I can get several days of leftovers for lunch out of and go from there. It was beef stew last night. So, I'll eat that for lunch the next 3 days. Then the next few nights I make things that don't have leftovers. So..here is this week for instance:

Mon: Leftover Chicken Stirfry
    D : Beef Stew + Bread

Tues: Beef Stew + Green Salad
    D : Blackened Talapia, Lentil Pilaf and Asparagus

Weds: Beef Stew + Green Salad
    D : Pork Chops, Lentil Pilaf (leftovers), Green Beans

Thurs: Beef Stew + Green Salad
    D : Omelets + Pancakes

Friday: Work Taco Bar
    D : Chili, Cornbread

Sat: Chili
    D : Out after the Football game

Sun: Chili
    D : TBD

As I go, I make a little shopping list off to the side of things that I need to pickup at the store. Usually a pretty small list. I try and use what I have. I don't always stick to it 100%...I may switch days around but it at least gives me a plan and I know that stuff I need is already in the house. It eliminates the wasted time of trying to figure out what I want to cook for dinner. It also allows me to pre-log my food for the day, so I know what space I have for snacks.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith This is great! Thank you! =)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I am not off to a very good start this month. At least I did manage to keep it to maintenance or maybe a tiny deficit today. Ugh. haha
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit pretty sure I ate almost 3000 calories on Oct. 1 lol.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Well at least I know I'm not alone. haha
  • teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm back!! bub is now 8 months old and after spending the last few months trying to track and stay accountable on my own it just isn't working.....and then I realised I had the most success last year when I was using the spreadsheet and being a more active participant on this board, so here I am! We are wanting to try for #2 in April next year so I need to move these pesky kilos so I don't just add to them!

I am back at work, little Harrison is growing and developing like a champ and I am feeling like I can start focusing on myself a bit more, so Im joining the October spreadsheet a week late, but better late than never right? :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @teegan84 Welcome back! =)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi teegan, welcome back!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @teegan84 yay welcome back! That's exciting you're already planning on when you're going to try for #2 :)

Chris and I originally wanted to try when Keith was 1 year old. But I don't think it will happen so soon now lol. Maybe once he is almost out of diapers hahaha.

How is mothering going for you?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    So I've managed a deficit 3/4 days while at my parents, that's never happened before! haha October has been decent so far, hopefully I can keep it up!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    How's October going? Mine has been hit and miss, this last week I got busy and hungry so we made a lot of poor eating choices. I'm hoping to buckle back down this week and cut out some of the junk and eat better overall. I've been up and down in a 2-3 pound range, I'm up about 1 1/2 pounds from Oct 1 right now.

I've been sick at times, not to the point of vomiting, but queasy often. Sipping Lemon Ginger tea and wearing seabands is helping. Mainly, I'm super tired yet. I don't have much gas left in the tank when I get home from work and unfortunately there isn't much daylight left when I get home from work either so it makes it hard to push myself to get much done in the 1 1/2 hours of daylight when I just want to put on comfy pants and collapse into the couch.

Wishing everyone a great 2nd half of October!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I wrote a reply and then accidentally hit the back button. Bah.

Good work Sheila!

My October is going great. It was off to a rough start but when I got back on track I somehow long 6 lbs in a week. Which seems wrong. And my weight did go back up from that a bit. But I am closer than ever to my ultimate goal weight. I really want to get there by December 18th while I'm ebfing because I get to eat more that way lol.

I still need more sleep. Keith slept great for about 1.5 weeks and then started the 4 month sleep regression. So we are relearning. And I'm sure it'll get worse haha.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I didnt add to this thread yet because at the begining of October I had a really bad attitude. I've shaken it and dedicated the present time to bettering myself. So here we go!

October goals:

-Do my stretches 5 of 7 days each week
    -Current weight: 192/November 1 goal weight: 189
    -Spend time enjoying my hobbies, my husband and our pup :)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Belatedly October Goals:
    Lose ANY amount of weight. Get pregnant. Make progress on painting the house. So far, we've mostly made good on the last goal. Got the porch railing scraped and painted. Bought the trim paint. But my ice cream habit is making a mess out of goal 1. Alas.
    @SheilAnneSmith Sorry you've been a bit queasy, but glad it hasn't been that bad.
    @WifiresGettingFit Good for you to stay on track!
    @teegan84 Welcome back.
    @kirstie155 Good goals.
    @VeryKatie Congrats on losing a bit!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Well, a week from the end of the month isn't too late to join, right? I weighed in at 131.8 this morning which means I've undone half of my progress from last March. Great. So for the rest of October I just want to track every day. I might not eat at a deficit or lose any weight but I need to keep track of what I'm doing!
This discussion has been closed.