Best Wireless Activity Tracker?

Options
I'm ready to really dig in and get to the bottom of whats going on with my body. I'd like to monitor: sleep, calories burned, steps, stairs, etc. I have a mac computer and a android phone. I've read reviews about them all (Fitbit flex, Jawbone, Nike) and am still having trouble deciding which one is best! Does anyone have any suggestions for a wireless activity tracker that has worked or even NOT worked for them? Thanks for any insight! :)

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I did a little research on this not long ago and for me, the Fitbit Flex was the winner. I have used fitbit before (it fell off in an airport and I lost it) and loved having the data. I'll be hinting to my fiance that I want a Flex for Christmas.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I like my BodyMedia FIT. Does everything you described. I have a MAC and an Android phone and never had an issue.
  • nermal12
    nermal12 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback! I've been reading up about the BodyMedia ones.... and am leaning that way. How do you find the armband stap? I've read that the armband/strap is more accurate than the wristbands but is it uncomfortable under clothes or are you constantly asked what it is if you wear it a t-shirt?
  • nermal12
    nermal12 Posts: 3
    Options
    For the Fitbit flex, did you find that the data was accurate?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    For the Fitbit flex, did you find that the data was accurate?

The only time I got wonky data from my Fitbit was when I rode my motorcycle to work. ;-)
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just got the Jawbone Up about a week ago. I'm loving it. Its one major disadvantage IMO is that it doesn't measure heart rate specifically, whereas some others do. BUT, it does have sensors that very accurately measure the steps you take during the day and then you can input any workouts you do on top of that. If anything, it might underestimate things a little, but I'd prefer that to an overestimation. It syncs nicely with MFP. One thing I really like about it over some other options is that it's an easy-to-wear little bracelette in a cool color (not bulky or unattractive like FitBit) and not easy to lose. Also, I wear it when I sleep and it's been really interesting to study my sleep patterns. To me, its advantages outweigh its disadvantage.

There really is not a perfect option yet (I'm excited for the 2.0 versions of all these devices) but at this time, I think this one is the best.