October LC Basics Challenge 2017: Week 1 (10/1-10/7)

Options

Replies

• Lizbethweat31
    Lizbethweat31 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So I just started keto...totally a noob at this...but my goals are
    Carbs under 17 grams
    Fat (learn to not be scared of it) I'm getting better at this
    Exercise on top of work
    I have already quit smoking a year ago
    Fully get off pain meds
    Be a better person

If anyone can share knowledge on keto I'm open to it...ive done alot of research and I'm starting to get it...i have my ketone strips too!!!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Carbs under 17 grams
    Exercise on top of work
    Fully get off pain meds
    Be a better person

If anyone can share knowledge on keto I'm open to it...ive done alot of research and I'm starting to get it...i have my ketone strips too!!![/quot

Hi and welcome! The very, very best place for all kinds of information is the Launch Pad for the group. Our awesome moderators have assembled a really comprehensive reference list for all kinds of low carb plans. Be warned, though—it’s gonna take awhile to get through!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    Oops, I messed the quoting up. Lol
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    10/2: 2.07:1(net)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Mon 10/2:
    Logged: t98155.gif
    Water: t98155.gif
    Electrolytes: t98155.gif
    Calorie Goal: t98155.gif
    Carb Goal: t98155.gif
    Exercise: Full Body Strength and Abs t98155.gif
    Prelogged next day: t98155.gif
    No booze!: t98155.gif
    8/8
  • baconslave
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Carbs under 17 grams
    Exercise on top of work
    Fully get off pain meds
    Be a better person

If anyone can share knowledge on keto I'm open to it...ive done alot of research and I'm starting to get it...i have my ketone strips too!!![/quot

Hi and welcome! The very, very best place for all kinds of information is the Launch Pad for the group. Our awesome moderators have assembled a really comprehensive reference list for all kinds of low carb plans. Be warned, though—it’s gonna take awhile to get through!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest
    Start reading with:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348406/faqs-and-general-lc-info?new=1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10423197/open-threads-member-threads-on-low-carb-topics#latest
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually very good at these. But I'm going to give it another whirl!!

SW: 202
    Goal for October: 195-ish.
    Carb Goal 35 Total:
    Calorie hard limit 1750:
    Steps: 10,000:

I'm also going to need to drink more water so I eat less.
    Let's see how I do. Thank you, BS, for making it happen!!!

Okay! I did good yesterday!!

Weight: same. B)
    Carb Goal: B)
    Calorie Limit: :#
    Steps: B)

I'm stuck in this bad habit of closing my diary out then snacking later. I have to seriously work on that. That right there. That one habit is what I'm going to focus on. Steps/activity second.

Happy Tuesday!!!

P. S. How do you guys use awesome emojis without the script getting interrupted? I'm so fricking jelly!!!!

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Cautiously joining in for this month. Totally tanked on several recent attempts, but it's worth chipping away at it.
    Today I feel too scattered to reign in a specific goal. But, I'm claiming my space here.

I want progress to occur this month. Specifically, in consistant downward moving numbers on the scale towards my goal. And once a pound is lost. ...I want to hold the line. Tired of the Yoyo-ing of the past 9 months. Up and down the same 10 pounds nine times!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous!
    I'd rather lose one or two pounds this month and keep them off for good, than lose more than that and swing back up in a couple weeks.

When I come up with a specific plan, I'll post it, but til then I've already started in a mindset kind of way.
  • baconslave
    edited October 2017
    Options

Carb Goal 35 Total:
    Calorie hard limit 1750:

I'm stuck in this bad habit of closing my diary out then snacking later. I have to seriously work on that. That right there. That one habit is what I'm going to focus on. Steps/activity second.

Happy Tuesday!!!

P. S. How do you guys use awesome emojis without the script getting interrupted? I'm so fricking jelly!!!!

I'm doing this on the laptop. So I search Halloween emoji sites and then copy the addy of the emoji into the picture inserter thingy. It's doable by that process on a phone or tablet but a complete PITFA.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    Today is as good a day as any to get back to basics, having completely lost my desire to plan in recent weeks. I know what to do, am just lacking my usual dedication. Here goes!
    October goals:
    Planning and packing breakfast/lunch the night before
    Start using Fitbit again
    Logging my entire day's food in the morning
    80 oz water daily
    Vitamins daily (especially weekends)
    Accomplish one put off household task daily
    Be more patient with others

I started working from home 2 days a week so I have more opportunity to stop my slacking. My accountability needs to improve.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    Oct 3

Carbs— def sub 20. Maybe around 7
    Steps— barely made my 12,500 goal, but I did it!
    Activity minutes— 117/300 weekly. That’s ok.
    Calories— 1148. Sorry, MFP :)

Today was a holiday here and also the last day of the fall market. So— glad I met my activity goal. But sad no markets til the end of November.

How’s everyone’s October going?
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Carb Goal 35 Total:
    Calorie hard limit 1750:

Happy Tuesday!!!

I'm doing this on the laptop. So I search Halloween emoji sites and then copy the addy of the emoji into the picture inserter thingy. It's doable by that process on a phone or tablet but a complete PITFA.

*growls*
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Today hasn't gone quite as planned felt very low and exhausted and ended up eating crap, but not letting it beat me and back on track tomorrow - just need to give myself a break and aim for 100% but not give myself a hard time if it doesn't quite work out, now I am back home I feel a little lost and not keeping busy is not helping - oh well just another day
  • 23wife
    23wife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love this idea!

This month, my goals are:

Carbs - max of 50g each day
    Drink 10+ cups of water each day
    Workout at least 3 times per week
    No more than 2 low-carb alcoholic drinks - 1 night per week

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    10/1
    Weighed in: :+1:
    Logged: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calorie Goal: :+1:
    Macros within range: :+1:
    Exercise: :+1: (20-min walk)
    6/6

10/2
    Exercise: :+1: (24 min intervals)
    6/6

10/3
    Exercise: Rest day but I did get in over 8k steps.
    6/6
  • baconslave
    Options
    Tues 10/3:
    Logged: t98155.gif
    Water: t98155.gif
    Electrolytes: t98155.gif
    Calorie Goal: t98155.gif
    Carb Goal: t98155.gif
    Exercise: Hillbilly Yard Hikin'-1hr. t98155.gif
    Prelogged next day: t98155.gif
    No booze!: t98155.gif
    8/8

• mskeyaj
    mskeyaj Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have fell off with working out last few days. I will get back on track:) Eating has been good. Wondering if I should increase my carbs some. Finding it hard to stay under 20.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    10/3 - 1.77:1 - this is below my goal of 2:1, it was a busy day with lots of errands in the evening and I prioritized my workout over tweaking my eating...and today I woke up with a headache, so clearly I need to spend more time focusing on hitting that ratio if I'm going to feel good and enjoy the neuroprotective benefits of keto...at least it's not a full blown migraine, but it's a very pointed reminder to stay on goal.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    mskeyaj wrote: »
    I have fell off with working out last few days. I will get back on track:) Eating has been good. Wondering if I should increase my carbs some. Finding it hard to stay under 20.

If increasing your carbs to 30 or even 40 means success for you, do it. You can always lower them later if needed.... but better to feel successful than as if you're always struggling!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    So I had an off the rails day yesterday. I did not want to log. But I did. 2100 calories, 104 net carbs. Could have been worse. Could have been a lot worse.