Like Minded Lushes - October 2017

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Posted a long reply...then it went poof. *sigh*
    Well done, Ashley!
    Still drinking wine, but switched to red with the cooler weather.
    Kate must be busy with her fabulous Maui life B)
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Back from the beach. We rode our recumbent trikes all over the park, it was a blast. I took you in spirit, Syd!

Got back yesterday and now, believe it or not, it is snowing.

Going to try and cut down on my calories. And that means booze too. :'(
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Gary, that sounds like so much fun! (The trikes, not the cutting down on booze)

I've got a couple of weeks before I'm getting the entire house painted and the carpets replaced, so it's time to reestablish my exercise routine. Really. I'm going to do it.

Red wine here. Hope all is well with everyone. What do you all do for Thanksgiving? My brother and SIL do it all, I do Christmas. So no stress here. Plus we'll have a new baby by then!! My niece is due any day :):smile:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    For thankgiving we host my side of the family. Instead of the traditional turkey served as a whole, we do turkey steaks, and turkey enchiladas!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Oh yum, Gary. I'm one of those weird people that don't really like Thanksgiving food, so turkey enchiladas sound good!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    This fall just sucks. So Monday my stomach started hurting. I left work early and slept all afternoon. In a lot of pain. Tuesday 8:00 AM I am at the clinic. 11:00AM CT Scan. Noon picking up horse pill antibiotics for Diverticulitis. They make no dent in my pain for a full 72 hours. (I am all better by the way and my colon is still intact) Wednesday Doug gets me pudding (Doc said to eat mushy stuff so nothing would clog up) One bite and my lips go numb, my face is all red and bumpy and itchy. Thursday Morning the rash has morphed to eczema and it has attacked my lips too. So I didn't have a drink until Friday(4 zeros, woo hoo). When I do drink it stings my lips something terrible. My face is getting better but not my lips. I am still in pain because of them.

Okay rant over. It has been a rough one. I hope you all are doing well. I miss Kate. Hi Kim!!!! glad you stopped by. Gary the snow was fun. Good job Ashley.

It has gotten quiet in here lately. I hope some of our friends come back to visit.

Happy November!
    -Mama Lush
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin- the pudding rash sounds like an allergic reaction. Perhaps the antibiotics mixed with the pudding?

Syd- As far as the turkey enchiladas goes. Anything with a mexican twist to it = yum!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Robin, I agree with Gary, but it all sounds like stress could be the cause of your ailments too. At least partly. You've been through the ringer. Hope things settle down for you and you're feeling better. Tough way to get 0s.

Finally got in a good workout...woohoo! Of course I followed it with a bday dinner for my SIL which erased any good progress I made. But I'll try to keep it up. I'm sore today.
    Red wine and a margarita. Maybe I'll go for a 0 tonight. Wouldn't that be different. :D
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sorry Robin! Sounds terrible.

I got a 0 Monday. I will be drinking tonight. Busy at work and a night meeting on top of it.

We got to my sister's for Thanksgiving because she is a dr. and works part of the day. She's in Mt. Pleasant right outside of Charleston SC. We stop and stay in downtown Asheville on the way which is always fun. We do traditional Thanksgiving and drink a *kitten* ton of wine.
  • SoCalWoman
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sounds perfect, Ashley. especially the sh!tt ton of wine ;):drinker:
    BTW...we're grown ups here...the fact that MFP changes whatever you wrote to *kitten* is annoying. (Of course I have a mouth of a sailor, so I might be biased)
  • ryzeman
    Options
    SoCalWoman wrote: »
    Sounds perfect, Ashley. especially the sh!tt ton of wine ;):drinker:
    BTW...we're grown ups here...the fact that MFP changes whatever you wrote to *kitten* is annoying. (Of course I have a mouth of a sailor, so I might be biased)

Phuck ya!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Sailor mouth here as well. So the allergic reaction was to carrageenan gum. I am definitely on the mend. Only minor chapping on my lips now. Gotta love Aquaphor. Last night was red wine.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Aloha Kiddies!!!!!
    I need to catch up like MAJOR!!!!!! I have missed you guys!!
    I am hoping you are all well and hugs and kisses all around!!!!
    In the last few weeks, I have managed a dry Monday, but not much else.

We bought a condo... YIPPY!!!!! We move in Black Friday....super fast closing!!! I am beyond excited! I absolutely love it!!!
    We are trying to find a new tenant for our landlord.....have a few appointments tonight....I will be drinking a margarita :)

Ok back to work......XOXOXOXOXO
  • SoCalWoman
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yay Kate!! So exciting, just in time for the holidays :) I think the lushes should plan a trip to Maui since you're an official homeowner/resident now B)
  • SoCalWoman
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm a Great Aunt!!
    skaro2tjmfjr.jpg
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Awwwwww! How cute!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Isn't she cute? Artemis Sydney 8 lbs 6 oz <3

ath8al2f0r50.jpg
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Cute baby!!

Hi Kate!

I had a 0 Monday. I was trying to get 2 0's up till Thanksgiving, but I don't know that'll happen. Workouts have been pretty good. Work keeps getting in the way, but not terrible. The scale was down this morning which has not happened in a LONG time, so hopefully it'll stick.
  • rjadams
    Options
    White wine on Wednesday. Red wine last night. Doing better lips are almost healed. Hi Kate!!!!! Syd was the baby named after you? Well Doug and I are finally planning a trip together. First one since the kennel nightmare for Bodi a few years back. We are thinking New Orleans in May. Happy Friday my lush buddies.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    My dad is Sydney too, so I'm thinking it's more for great grandpa. But I'll be her favorite, no doubt ;)

I've managed to get in a fairly decent exercise routine this week. Hope to keep that up. Still drinking wine. Happy weekend lushes! :drinker: