Fumbling my way

suaryt
suaryt Posts: 3 Member
Hi all.... very new to Keto (8 days in) I'm 5'4" 161 lbs. and having trouble reaching my macro amounts;
965 cal. 24 g. carbs. 64 g. protein 72 g. fat I seem to be okay with the carbs -/+ 1, but getting my calories and protein in are waayyy under. I lost 7 lbs last week which made me ecstatic and lost 2" of my waist. Seemed to have gained it back after Thanksgiving dinner Sunday (though not convinced it was just this, though this was the only day I cheated and not hugely ) Daily Calories average about 630. Protein about 30-35 g

Have my 2 drinks a day of keto coffee (keto salt, mct powder with fiber, cocoa butter) and have been in ketosis since day 2. I also try hard to eat some lunch usually fried eggs and bacon... supper consists of chicken or steak, lots of veggies and1/2 an avocado. My plate is completely full and I eat it all.

I have never been a big eater - usually dinner only and if it was sweet would eat everything I could find.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Protein is the only one you really need to aim for.
    Carbs and fat are both a limit.
    Make protein a priority. If you're not feeling hungry enough to eat more meat, stop the keto coffee. It's filling you up with less nutrient dense calories. Meat or eggs would serve you much better and help you reach your protein goal.
    Just remember, carbs and fat are not "goals". They are maximums. You don't need to reach them. But you do need a certain amount of protein to prevent muscle loss. Especially on a calorie restricted diet.
  • suaryt
    suaryt Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you I will change my thinking!