Losing inches not lbs

Options
marysowter
marysowter Posts: 121 Member
Feeling a little cheated! I work very hard to eat well and to stay under or within my daily calories! But my scales are not moving.I have lost 21 lbs which I know is good,and I have gone down from a 18 to a 14/16 depending on the style.BUT the last 7weeks the scales have not moved.I keep telling my self that losing inches not lbs is just as good but I still feel cheated? My family and friends tell me I look good and my healthy living is paying off! I just wish the scales would show my loss. Rant over thank you for reading.Hope you are all doing great.Be kind to each other,smile and be happy.Love to you all:smile:

Replies

• cynthiapick
    cynthiapick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I understand how you feel about the scales not moving, this is made worse when a GP's main concern is your BMI. But surely, size must stand for something. Don't be disheartened because the scales will start to move again. You have done really well and I admire you for that
    Keep going
    Cynthia
  • monartlady
    Options
    Hi Mary,
    What are the chances that you could be losing fat, but gaining muscle?
    Either ways, don't give up. Keep going. Stay eating healthy, be careful you're not under eating.
    And feel free to rant. I often do, either in my status updates or in my blog. Maybe it's all the pent up frustration that holding you back. haha.
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary

All I can say is remember how good it felt when you had to buy a size 16! Let alone when you have to take a size 14 with you into the changing room!!!

I agree it can be disheartening when the scales don't move but keep going and don't give up. Feel free to add me as a friend and rant away when ever you feel necessary.

Vx