From 145 to 125 by March, 2017

Options
WallyAmadeus
WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
I do an annual stairclimbing event (you run up 54 flights as stairs as fast as your legs/glutes and lungs can take you.) My goal is to reach 125 by the event in March.

My "natural setpoint" seems to hover around 145ish. This is where I settle no throughout teen years, infertility treatments and menopause. I know that I could greatly increase my performance on this stairclimb (and the ones I want to do internationally in the future), if there was less of me to get up those 54 flights.

I'd appreciate any tips from women who have achieved this goal. Thanks!

Replies

• nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    I have not done anything of the sort, but good for you for this awesome athletic feat!

You didn't mention your height, so I'm not sure how 145 is for a weight for you. But to me it seems you should focus on weight lifting. If you haven't done heavy lifting you'll probably lose a little weight, but more importantly you'll build up stronger muscles (legs, core, heart, etc). I've heard that people that lift can run long distances without training, just because their body is in such great shape. I'm sure you'd also see benefits in your stair climbing.

Good luck to you! Hopefully you get some more advice from people who have trained for this sort of thing.