Mexican style pork chops!

Options
EryOaker
EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
I seared the (thick cut) chops in taco seasoning and browned on all sides. Then add a can of diced tomatoes, 1/2 water, and two tsp of taco seasoning and summer for 1.5 hours. Then add chopped zucchini and yellow bell pepper.
Cook until the veggies are hot but not mushy. Serve with cilantro lime cauliflower "rice, avocado, and some fresh cilantro and lime for garnish.
sjj8ii5jhwkf.jpg

Replies

• MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    You should open up a low carb restaurant!!

Awe! How sweet of you to say! Something tells me that there isn't a big enough draw for that here in Dallas!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    bametels wrote: »
    You should open up a low carb restaurant!!

Awe! How sweet of you to say! Something tells me that there isn't a big enough draw for that here in Dallas!

I totally get that.

I mentioned a 'high-protein low-carb restaurant/take-away opening soon' in our town, a while ago.

I'm hopeful, but not optimistic.

It seems they might have struck a deal with a local gym to provide healthy high-energy protein-packed lunch boxes for those who work there, but tbh, I fear their clientele will be limited, because their prices are high.

One of the reasons people buy crud food because it's cheap. It's also widely available.
    They're going to have a hard time convincing the tough crowd in my town - many of which are on benefits - that their meal plan is the way to go.

in order to feed people the right stuff, first of all you have to educate and convince them.
    Then, you have to make what you do, consistent, available (they ran out of some products on their daily menu before their day as over!) and affordable.

I don't see this being a lengthy story here, sadly.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious
  • EryOaker
    Options
    Thx