Living the Lifestyle: Friday 10/13/17 WILDCARD!

Options
Rachel0778
Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
So on a date when everything is supposed to go wrong....

What does your ideal day look like? What actions or events do you do in a ideal day to make it great? When you find yourself with an entire day of no obligations or expectations how do you like to spend your time?

Replies

• podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,076 Member
    Options
    I start the day with cuppa coffee, walk 3.5 to 4 miles preferably with my buddy and come back for more coffee and later something to eat. I have a nice bike ride somewhere from 1 to 3 hours. That's what I like these days.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Today has been pretty ideal so far as I took the day off from work. Slept in until after 6am, did my LT WI, had my breakfast, and then went bike riding for 3 hours! Sun has come out for the first time in several days ;-)
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Thanks for dealing the wildcard today @Rachel0778 !

My ideal day starts before sunrise but with one in store. I will get up in time to drink a couple cups of coffee, have a little bite to eat, then head out to one of my photo sites and get in position before the sun comes up. On my ideal day, I'll have several subjects "pose" for me. My subjects are typically birds (often waterfowl) but sometimes I'll get lucky and have some mink, otter, beaver, deer, raccoon, coyote, etc. pay me a visit and actually be in range to get their portraits. Years ago I was quite into landscape photography too but here in Western NY most land is privately owned and parking on the side of the road invites too many inquiries. Now I almost exclusively traipse out on State Wildlife lands. Usually, I don't run into anyone else even if I'm there for several hours.

One of the nice things about photography is that it takes my mind off food!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Being retired I have few “obligations” but DW gives me HoneyDos so there are some expectations.

Good Day:
    Out of bed early (6:00-7:00)
    Take Sadie for short walk before going to pool to swim laps and attend aqua aerobics.
    Get coffee and take Sadie to Fido Field to play. I have a regular group of dog park friends and aqua aerobics friends. Some times we enjoy a group breakfast or take people out for birthday lunch or get together for special holidays.
    Get home early PM and fix lunch. Walk Sadie, feed Sadie.
    Watch TV and greet DW when she gets home from her job. Help with laundry.
    Evenings are usually TV time but I have begun to read mystery novels again recently.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don't have a typical day per usual except I never fail to weigh first thing unless out of town. I do get up different times depending on when I go to bed. After arising and weighing I typically have a couple cups of decaf coffee then take my vitamins and a bp pill then some breakfast which varies.

Then on to MFP to post weight and check in here then on to work emails, text or calls returned. Still working away and depending on whats happening I will take care of work details sometimes at my office sometime at my home office just depends on whats going on with work.

If I'm still at my home office I'll eat lunch at home then move on to work again, I have several set appoints each week and a couple involve eating one for lunch and one at dinner. DW and I are very active with an exceptional lot going on. She works from home and has a room completely dedicated to her work. Whew! I'm tired just writing about it. No retirement for us and none in site.

We make every effort to eat at home but with working a lot from home we sometimes will just get out of the house and go eat but most evenings we eat at home and she prepares but I will assist quite a lot.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,852 Member
    Options
    Typical day, Up at about 4:50 AM, Feed the dogs, check my email while having a cup of coffee. Write in my daily journal, track our spending for the previous day, check in with GOAD, look at local newspaper while having a 2nd cup. Walk the dogs make lunch & breakfast for my wife and see her off to work. Then either house work, yard work, or the gym for an hour. Talk to my best friend for 30 - 60 minutes. Plan dinner for the night, and hit the grocery store for the supplies to make it. The rest of the day varies.