NSV and SV - I traveled and didn't gain!

Options
BodyByButter
BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
I had to go out of town on a 3 day business trip and was really dreading it, mostly because I am fat adapted, knew I wouldn't have complete control over what I would eat while traveling, and didn't want to go back to being hungry all the time.

- There was a huge HUGE breakfast bar at the hotel but it was 95% carbs. I was able to make do with some cheesy scrambled eggs and just eat a plate of that.

- Options on the flight for snacks were pretzels or cookies. Really Delta? Thankfully I had packed two Quest bars in my purse and I had those to tide me over since I didn't have a long enough connection to find something in the airport. These were my first Quest bars ever and I really liked them.

- There was a "lunch and learn" that I attended where lunch was brought in. Pizza. Womp womp! I would have had to take over so much pizza in order to just eat the toppings that it would be embarrassing, so I just ate the pizza.

- The same day there was a big dinner planned in NYC at a really nice restaurant. I was really torn between staying totally away from carbs or actually trying all of the new things and I ended up choosing to sample things and enjoy the experience. They ordered one of every appetizer and dim sum and passed them around. I have no idea what I ate because the restaurant was so loud, but I took a bite of each one and really enjoyed them. Then we ordered our own entrees. I did what I always do, which is ask the server "If I'm only here once in my life, what is the menu item I shouldn't miss" and he said the sea bass. That fit into my day great. Then there was dessert to share and I had a couple of bites.

- Back home today and I weigh the same as I did when I left. Yay! I use Happy Scale and already knew that based on my past trends, I shouldn't see another drop until the 15th anyway, so I am really happy. I'm also still not hungry which to me was the big victory.

- I didn't need a seat belt extender on 3 of the 4 planes. Everyone on that 4th plane was complaining about the seat belts being super short so maybe that one wasn't me?

Sorry this is so long but I feel great about the trip now.

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I think your 'once in my life' question to the server was great! I'm going to use that line myself. And congrats. BTW, if you are fat adapted and not necessarily at maintenance yet, it doesn't hurt to fast over your flight times ;) Heck, even if you are in maintenance, unless your flight is non-stop from Gander, Newfoundland to Hobart, Tasmania you'd be fine.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Yay for not gaining and not needing extenders! Each of us has "things" that come up in daily life such as business trips, celebratory dinners etc. GREAT you are learning ways to adapt to these and/or fit them into your overall life long plan.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    This is why being fat adapted is the most crucial thing. Congrats on enjoying the experience and doing so well.