Back on the Jenny Craig wagon

Options
I've had good success with Jenny Craig program. Joined in April of 2016, and had lost about 68 lbs. as of March of 2017 (and all my HDL/LDL etc. levels were all very good at my last physical, thank you Jenny). Consistency of diet and daily journaling were definitely the keys to my success. Then in March of 2017, I had total hip replacement surgery, and started falling off the journaling (just got lazy). And the JC website dumped their online tracking dashboard, so I was even less inclined to journal. Additionally my exercise had dropped off due to surgery. So between March and October 2017, I gained back 20 lbs. (Okay, admittedly going to Europe for three weeks in June and eating full fat everything didn't help my cause either. But it was just all so yummy!) Finally back on track with the program and with journaling via MFP, and working back into my exercise routine. Looking forward to resuming my success, loosing the twenty pounds I'd gained and completing my journey to my goal weight.

Replies

• Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just joined Jenny Craig yesterday because I recently gained a bunch of stress weight stir to my pending divorce. Also my job always has such delicious food around that's so hard to resist.

I'm hoping to lose 35 lbs in about three months. I've heard good things about the program so I have high hopes.
  • david94903
    david94903 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In my experience, the program works, if you follow it very closely. I'm on the 1700 calorie plan, and I typically don't find myself hungry on it. The key for me has been to actually eat "all" the foods, including additional free foods. Additionally, I don't count any of my exercise against what I eat, I just stick to the 1700 calorie plan. Bonus calories that MFP gives me for exercise, I just ignore. Figure it's just gravy, and makes up for the periodic overages that do occur from time to time. When I first joined, I was loosing about 5 lbs. per week for about the first fifteen weeks (it's a lot easier for men that women to lose weight, our biology and metabolism is much less complicated that what women have to deal with), and then it dropped off slowly to a healthier one to two pounds per week, as my body found it's new center. So looking to loose 35 lbs. in twelve-ish weeks isn't an unreasonable goal, you just have to continue to maintain, it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Divorce and good office eats are two tough items to work through. And divorce might be the easiest one to conquer. Office food... yeah... I have that issue too, and it's my biggest challenge since I have a sweet tooth. Someone is always bringing something good in to eat. I have a very non politically correct way to overcome my urge to partake of the office goodies. First is just ignoring them, which is not always easy. And I have a personal reward system that revolves around... well... I probably shouldn't say anything specific... but I have an "arrangement" with an acquaintance or two who have agreed to provide a physical reward if I'm good about not partaking in the office goodies and I lose weight (I tossed my moral platitudes out the window years ago, only thing they were getting me was stress and a bigger waistline. Life it too short). What are friends for, right? It's a bit of an honor system on my part but it works. We all find what motivates us, ha! Good luck with your program.
  • david94903
    Options
    Just finished week 1, down 2 lbs. I'll take it.
  • david94903
    Options
    Hit a plateau for a couple of weeks and then lost another 2.6 lbs this week. Sticking to the program. Hopefully it'll be awhile before the next plateau.