Looking for support

Options
Well I have been on this journey for quite some time and I'm super frustrated. I'm 45 years old and I think my hormones are trying to kill me! Lmao (but really) I'm going to tell my story here but what I want is an amazing group of people that are working towards the same goals who are active in the group and support each other in a positive way. No sales, no gimmicks, just support. My goal is to lose 40 pounds in 6 months. April14th, 2018. K here goes.

I was 115 pounds all through my teens and 20s. In my 20s I had three beautiful babies, three years apart. With each pregnant I gained about 45 pounds and lost it all within about three months of having each baby no problem. When I turned 30 it seems like boom I gained 30 pounds instantly. I'm sure it wasn't instant but it feels like it was. I started going to the gym for like 2 hours a day and made no progress at all. I started Herbal Magic out of frustration and dumped so much money into that it is laughable but I reached my goal weight and it was awesome until I blew out my gallbladder. I am not talking about a simple day surgery here. I almost died, I was bedridden for months while they had me on tons of antibiotics trying to get the infection down to operate they finally gave up and took it out. It was neurotic and fused to my liver and small intestine and had to be scraped away. I received a 23 am scar under my right ribline. It was horrible and in the process i gained all the weight back plus 20. My heaviest weight was 184 pounds. Ugh!!!!

In comes Beachbody. I got super involved in that and did great. I started in December and by Auguest, four years ago I was 8 pounds from my goal weight. Then I quit smoking and boom here come the weight again little by little and all the hand to mouth trying to avoid smoking I gained back 32 pounds. So for the past four years I have been struggling, gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over agsin. I can't seem to get the focus back that I had while doing Beachbody and I can't seem to get my calories and activity balanced in a way that I am not hungry all the time and that I am burning enough calories to lose weight.

I have tried a few "magic pills" fully knowing there are no mafic pills but simply out of frustration and i feel like all i need is the right group of people to work with to get this done once and for all.

Please help if this is something you are ready to do as well.

Replies

• daddysjenny
    daddysjenny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too! I can feel your frustration, it sounds so familiar. I am on my final journey to rid myself of this weight and keep it off. A little of my story....I never in my life struggled with my weight. Three pregnancies 50-60 lb. weight gains, weight fell off within 2 months. 32 yrs old got very sick, high doses of prednisone, for 2 years. Also had a complete hysterectomy. That's when I began this weight struggle. I am dedicated now and in April began weight lifting, working out like I had never before and loved it!

I think having others to chat with and encourage will help tremendously, especially for those days when I'm having a pitty party lol!
  • Ohhhtayyyy
    Ohhhtayyyy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I’m new here to feel free to add me!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 46 , lost 90 pounds last year , took a 3 month break and now back at it to lose 10-15 more
  • Merissaelisei
    Merissaelisei Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI! Just crossed over into 40. Got fit through a strong supplement and nutrition routine plus weights. Lost 60lbs a cew years ago and have kept it off consistently with the routine and keeping it simple. Trying to stay motivated!
  • kfoster1282
    kfoster1282 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with weight my entire life. I've given birth to 5 kids, 4 pregnancies (one was twins), and I'm only 35. I'm also looking for motivation but I've got about 150 pounds left to lose. In August of last year I said enough is enough. I started first my making small dietary changes and going swimming. At that point I was suffering from severe back pain due to overly large breasts. In September I got my breast reduction, and it was the best decision I ever made in my life. I let myself heal from surgery as the surgeon suggested. I waited until I could get measured "officially" so I could buy myself a good sports bra. It had been years since I have worked out "normal." In January I decided to change my lifestyle for good. No going back to old habits! A co-worker introduced me to Herbal Life! Best thing I've tried EVER! I started the program on 1/13 and have dropped a little over 10 lbs and 2 inches off my arms and legs. The pitfall I'm funning into is that I work an 8-5 desk job (love my job btw) so I don't get to move a ton during the day/week. At night I run to get 2 out of my 4 kiddos and then I'm rushing around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I do my best to get to the gym after work, some weeks it doesn't work out! :neutral:
    When I do go to the gym, it feels chaotic, I've no idea what I'm doing! I'm hoping not only to support other members in this group but to get cheered on as well and to have someone make recommendations on how I could do it better!
    Also, you are more than welcome to add me! :smiley:
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been overweight my whole life but only started actually trying to lose weight last Feb. I'm 1 year or so I'm and down 60 lbs and finding that it is really going to be a mind game to keep it interesting and fresh. It can be drudgery to chip slowly away at something if you can't keep it spicy! I have a lot more weight to lose (maybe 130?) but as we all know, it's increasing lean muscle that helps us to gain fitness, maintain (or increase!) mobility and to keep the fires of weight loss burning. Feel free to add me! I'll be researching a beginning routine, building compliance/accountability, and then adding complexity after I can gain some small successed. I exercise 3-4 times a week and love to swim, but even when i was a daily lap swimmer, swimming 45 to 60 mins a day I had zero flexibility (which is still true). So I'm thinking yoga/pilates/stretching and a weight routine.

Anyone have any videos, materials or apps they are using or are you approaching it differently?
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. I've recently taken up running and just started CrossFit. Thinking of starting a new CrossFit group on MFP.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. I've recently taken up running and just started CrossFit. Thinking of starting a new CrossFit group on MFP.

@ThinGoldLineNS please do create the group and let me know what it's called! There's some old CF groups on here that aren't active at all.