Does anyone have simple KETO meal plans they can share?

Options
2»

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I like to make cream cheese pancakes on the weekend (8 eggs, 8 ounces cream cheese, sweetener and cinnamon) and eat them for breakfast all week.
  • rfrenkel77
    rfrenkel77 Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I think you are missing the point or I am not relaying it proper. Dr Fungs point was timing between meals. Not so much calories taken. 2 large meals or 2 small ones, what matters is the rest you give to your digestive system. Person who eats 6 snacks every 2hours is working his digestion all day. Sorry to divert this thread into unrelated, “snacking” comments threw me off lol
    kpk54 wrote: »

I truly get your point though. I don't snack but my keto meals sure were/are "snack size" compared to what they were on higher whole food carbs/lower fat. Good way to learn the meaning of "portion control".

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    rfrenkel77 wrote: »
    Breakfast: 2 slices of thick bacon, 2 eggs mixed with 1/4 cup cauliflower. Coffee with 1tbs heavy whipping cream. ~380cals total

Dinner: salad with 1tbs vinegar and 1tbs olive oil ~300, 1/2lb ground lamb. ~600, 1/2 avocado ~ 165. Hot tea. Total ~ 1065

It does not get simpler. Breakfast takes 10 min, dinner takes 10 min, to make the salad, the ground lamb patties are oven broiled on the weekend, so it’s really no hands on time.
    Good luck.
    While I appreciate that it's the simplest for you, that certainly wouldn't be the case for me. My husband is an oatmeal loving vegetarian. As with most things: we are individuals.
  • rfrenkel77
    rfrenkel77 Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Your husband does not need your help with his oatmeal. He is perfectly capable of microwaving it for 1 min. All by himself.
    In fact my 12 year old does just that, while I fry my bacon before dropping kids at school.
    Not sure where you going.
  • drnriordan
    drnriordan Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I truly get your point though. I don't snack but my keto meals sure were/are "snack size" compared to what they were on higher whole food carbs/lower fat. Good way to learn the meaning of "portion control".

I am blown away by how small my portion sizes are now compared to when I ate higher carb. My coworkers comment on my 1-cup food containers and how that would never be enough food to satisfy them at mealtime.

So True! I'm amazed at how little food (amount-wise) that it takes me to feel satiated. That is the difference when you are eating nutrition-dense foods. I think this is particularly eye-opening for Americans, as we have become accustomed to these enormous portions of food (hence our increasing obesity rates) and are shocked, and many disappointed, when we don't get to eat a huge meal. It really is a matter of re-programming your brain and eyes to be in line with your satiation.
  • drnriordan
    drnriordan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think you are missing the point or I am not relaying it proper. Dr Fungs point was timing between meals. Not so much calories taken. 2 large meals or 2 small ones, what matters is the rest you give to your digestive system. Person who eats 6 snacks every 2hours is working his digestion all day. Sorry to divert this thread into unrelated, “snacking” comments threw me off lol

I think you are missing her point. She is not necessarily saying she snacks every two hours, but that rather her meals are snack-sized (likely compared with the size of the meals she used to eat or that most people who are not keto eat). I agree, as, thought I only eat three meals a day (with a 12 to 14 hour fast from after dinner to breakfast), they are smaller meals, as the higher level of fat is typically a more nutrient-dense food and hence a small portion. Hope that helps you understand what's being said.
  • Vladaar
    Vladaar Posts: 147 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I agree with most of the menu suggestions and websites others have said and just want to add this...

I have found also keeping track of your macro nutrients in a diary really helps. It's in your face it's documented, you don't forget how many carbs you ate in a day and you can compare results. I think it helps me keep myself accountable. I currently am using myfitnesspal ap that underarmor created. I don't do the paid version, but I can see where it would be nice. However, you can certainly do the same thing on a excel sheet on your computer or write it out on paper.

Good Luck!

Options
    omelettes. easy.

egg salad w/ avocado.

instant pot/slow cooker chicken w/olive oil salt and a lil water. Then add a lil G Hughes
    Sugar Free BBQ sauce serve on lettuce w peppers and dressing if desired [Tessame is good brand]

Zoodles w Victoria Marinara and grilled chicken breast or zoodles sauteed in coconut oil on side with
    tilapia also sauteed in frying pan with coconut oil.

Steak and riced cauliflower or Keto Meatballs and Riced Cauliflower.

Burger with mushrooms cooked in burger grease or a little butter or olive oil with
    blue cheese drizzled over top.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    i like to snack...string cheese; garlic or jalapeno or blue cheese stuffed olives; pickles. if i'm starving a quest bar.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Your husband does not need your help with his oatmeal. He is perfectly capable of microwaving it for 1 min. All by himself.
    In fact my 12 year old does just that, while I fry my bacon before dropping kids at school.
    Not sure where you going.

I think you're rather missing my point, and cherry picking. But whatever.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    TnTWalter wrote: »
    omelettes. easy.

egg salad w/ avocado.

instant pot/slow cooker chicken w/olive oil salt and a lil water. Then add a lil G Hughes
    Sugar Free BBQ sauce serve on lettuce w peppers and dressing if desired [Tessame is good brand]

Zoodles w Victoria Marinara and grilled chicken breast or zoodles sauteed in coconut oil on side with
    tilapia also sauteed in frying pan with coconut oil.

Steak and riced cauliflower or Keto Meatballs and Riced Cauliflower.

Burger with mushrooms cooked in burger grease or a little butter or olive oil with
    blue cheese drizzled over top.

Great ideas.