Not losing weight on keto?

Options
sc0418
sc0418 Posts: 22 Member
Hi Friends! Have any of you experienced having trouble losing weight while on the keto diet? I started this WOE about 16 days ago and I have only lost about 3 lbs :( I'm keeping my net carbs between 20-30 a day, have went over on my protein a few times but not drastically, and my sugar's are really low. The only thing I can think of is that I'm not hitting my fat % all the time... Will that keep me from losing weight if everything else is close to my numbers? I don't have a ton of weight to lose, however I am still drastically cutting my carb intake compared to what I was eating before. So I would think that I would be losing weight... Anyone else? Or any advice?

Replies

• bostrowski1
    bostrowski1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Depends on your calorie intake, what types of sugars, and it's important to hit your fats so that your body is running on those fats and burning them. I'm a bit new to this and by no means an expert but this is what I've been told.
  • sc0418
    sc0418 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks, bostrowski1! I just opened my diary to my friends. My calories are usually between 1100-1350, and I am only getting sugars from the foods I eat so it is really low. When I pull my macro percentages, they are all pretty close to hitting my numbers. So I'm kind of baffled as to why I am not dropping weight.
  • enadams86
    enadams86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think it’s more about what is going to work for you. I was supplementing with fat bombs to reach my fat goals. Which made me plateau with my weight loss. Are you excersizing at all? Are you drinking plenty of water? I’d say 30 grams is kind of high for keto. I’d say 25 is a max out for the day. Your calorie intake is within bounds if you aren’t active. I plateaued recently and quit the fat bombs and I’m fuller and back to losing again. Good luck!
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am keeping my carbs at less than 20 per day, and most days I am at about 15 carbs. I also don't do "net" carbs, just total carbs, because I think net carbs are a slippery slope. Also, I notice if I don't get at least 1200 calories then my weight seems to bump up a bit the next day - not sure if it's related or not, but now I really try to get at least the 1200 but no more than 1300 (although some days I go up to 1400). I think for each person it's different. And I've definitely heard that the fat macros really help, so if my fat macros are low I sometimes just down a tablespoon of MCT oil and then chug water afterwards.
  • horror_mama
    horror_mama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm at the same spot, but I did admittedly just start. I am definitely feeling fuller, but I'm not seeing the scale drop, but I can tell a difference looking at myself. I'm drinking a LOT of water, my fats are being met, my protein is a little under, but the carbs are between 20-25 a day.