HW: 142
    Weigh-in #1: 134
    Weigh-in #2: 134
    Weigh-in #3: 133
    Weigh-in #4: 133
    Weigh-in #5: 133.6
    Weigh-in #6: 132.9
    Weigh-in #7: 133.1

I've been maintaining around 133 all month. My jeans are looser in the bum and waist. I've got to keep trying to cut for the sake of my thighs.

Why I was unsuccessful
    - Didn't choose harder choices
    - Lazy logging, closing my diary the next morning
    - Lost my focus on cutting
    - Drank a lot of vodka sodas

Why I was successful:
    - maintained while still lifting weights so I can trust there's some recomposition going on.
    - My binge eating is sooo much improved
    - I can stop myself at maintenance calories
    - It's helping to stop eating at 8pm

Plan for this week
    - keep up the exercise.
    - hit my CI/CO goals.
    - get my focus back
    - Keep stress OUT!!!

Things are always going to be crazy for me, at least until the kids get out of these tough stages (the terrible twos and 14!!). Also my husband is really not well... I have to be 100% FOCUSED on handling my reactions to family stress better.

Because I still see snacks as a kinder alternative to fleeing to a yoga commune in Costa Rica or blacking things out with vodka.

Best snack - HB egg, grapes
    Worst snack - frozen yogurt, trail mix

Ahhhh you have two ends of the spectrum a toddler AND a teenager. Wowzers!!!! I definitely hope your husband gets better soon. Truth be told...mine is dealing with some tough things as well.

My thighs...the back of mine specifically...have TO GO!!! LOL!

Here’s to a better week and rerouting how we handle life’s pressure because like you said...they’ll never completely go away.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for a while. I was out of commission for like 2 weeks because of the horrible fires happening here in California, north of San Francisco (I live in SF). It was impacting my breathing and I took a break from working out. I think because I felt crappy from the smoke inhalation that I couldn't escape it. I started feeling better last Friday and went back to the gym on Saturday. I took it slow so my body could get used to moving and making sure I could breath!

I met with my trainer last night for the first time in a while and it was good. I'm meeting her tomorrow to make up for my missed 2 weeks. I'm debating on doing training 2x a week but I'm looking at $$ and saving for a wedding next year. I'll see

My eating wasn't great the last few weeks. I won't get into the sandwiches, etc., that I ate, but I did get some super great dishes, including ones that my fiance can eat, he's Low Fodmap ... or at least is supposed to be. I'll post them in the recipes thread.

I also follow Gabby Bernstein and am part of a membership that has extra material. She does a quarterly special videos about specific topics and she just did one on food. I'm gonna re-watch it (I was listening while I was getting ready for work) because she talks about food habits and triggers and understanding our relationships with food. It sounded good.

Anywho, I'm gonna cook some food tonight. I went shopping at TJ's Sunday and I need to cook some stuff and make my favorite tasty dressing. I'm gonna do yoga tonight and get back into the flow of things ... and stay away from gluteny bread. I ate so much last week. Blah!
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Nicole 5'6"
    SW: 131
    HW: 142
    Weigh-in #1: 134
    Weigh-in #2: 134
    Weigh-in #3: 133
    Weigh-in #4: 133
    Weigh-in #5: 133.6
    Weigh-in #6: 132.9
    Weigh-in #7: 133.1

I've been maintaining around 133 all month. My jeans are looser in the bum and waist. I've got to keep trying to cut for the sake of my thighs.

Why I was unsuccessful
    - Didn't choose harder choices
    - Lazy logging, closing my diary the next morning
    - Lost my focus on cutting
    - Drank a lot of vodka sodas

Why I was successful:
    - maintained while still lifting weights so I can trust there's some recomposition going on.
    - My binge eating is sooo much improved
    - I can stop myself at maintenance calories
    - It's helping to stop eating at 8pm

Plan for this week
    - keep up the exercise.
    - hit my CI/CO goals.
    - get my focus back
    - Keep stress OUT!!!

Things are always going to be crazy for me, at least until the kids get out of these tough stages (the terrible twos and 14!!). Also my husband is really not well... I have to be 100% FOCUSED on handling my reactions to family stress better.

Because I still see snacks as a kinder alternative to fleeing to a yoga commune in Costa Rica or blacking things out with vodka.

Best snack - HB egg, grapes
    Worst snack - frozen yogurt, trail mix

Raising kids can be stressful, but take time to enjoy them too. You will blink and they will be heading off to college.
    Thanks for the words of support!
  • spdaphne
    Options
    I was in a car accident today (unfortunately my fault). Dislocated my shoulder and had to pop it back in. Needless to say, that puts a halt on my exercise routine - no lifting for a while.

My car is likely totaled as well. :/ So the next few days are going to be full of the stress of all that.

Oh no! I"m glad you're okay and sad about your car. Glad you survived. *hugs*
  • spdaphne
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I won’t be weighing in until the 1st but I just want to exhale here...because I know I can. I’m feeling really down. So many of my MFP friends are losing weight, have a flat tummy, slim thighs and are lean. I know it’s my eating habits. They are so inconsistent....I keep gaining and losing the same 4-7 lbs. I think I really need to make every meal/snack count and cut out baked sweets and candy. I never consistently stick to my 1800 calorie allotment for more than a few days. I saw myself in a 360 mirror in the dressing room earlier today. I am still squishy and flabby and jiggly from the navel down to my knees. So disappointing. So frustrating. I literally want to give up at this point. :/

I haven't lost in the last month or so, well I haven't weighed myself and since a month ago till this morning and went up 6 oz. I remember when I was meeting with my last nutritionist (a couple years ago) and I tend to forget that eating is hard to change. I have friends on here who are losing weight and I'm not. But everyone is different. People are doing it differently too. Some are eating whatever and sticking to a certain calorie count. I on the other hand want to lose weight to feel good. I don't want to count calories and eat junk. I want to do it the healthier way and eat super yummy, delicious food. I want to cook great dishes that make me look forward to eating.

I don't know where you're at in your weight loss journey but it's a process. While my eating was crap a few months ago when I chatted with my nutritionist, I shared with her what I did do well. Like working on my meditation practice and getting better sleep. Sure, it's not about the food exactly or maybe working out, but life happens. It can be a struggle to get everything exactly like we want it. We're here. We're not perfect. Sometimes we do well and sometimes we struggle to make healthier decisions

Honestly, I was glad to see that not everyone is dropping weight like crazy here. Reminds me we're all human and we all struggle for various reasons but that we keep going.

Okay, I'm done rambling. And I agree, thank you for running this group as a lot of people benefit from it. I very much appreciate it. We're here for you or anyone else who wants to share about the challenges or struggles (or celebrations) we have.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    Hello ladies,

I won’t be weighing in until the 1st but I just want to exhale here...because I know I can. I’m feeling really down. So many of my MFP friends are losing weight, have a flat tummy, slim thighs and are lean. I know it’s my eating habits. They are so inconsistent....I keep gaining and losing the same 4-7 lbs. I think I really need to make every meal/snack count and cut out baked sweets and candy. I never consistently stick to my 1800 calorie allotment for more than a few days. I saw myself in a 360 mirror in the dressing room earlier today. I am still squishy and flabby and jiggly from the navel down to my knees. So disappointing. So frustrating. I literally want to give up at this point. :/

I haven't lost in the last month or so, well I haven't weighed myself and since a month ago till this morning and went up 6 oz. I remember when I was meeting with my last nutritionist (a couple years ago) and I tend to forget that eating is hard to change. I have friends on here who are losing weight and I'm not. But everyone is different. People are doing it differently too. Some are eating whatever and sticking to a certain calorie count. I on the other hand want to lose weight to feel good. I don't want to count calories and eat junk. I want to do it the healthier way and eat super yummy, delicious food. I want to cook great dishes that make me look forward to eating.

I don't know where you're at in your weight loss journey but it's a process. While my eating was crap a few months ago when I chatted with my nutritionist, I shared with her what I did do well. Like working on my meditation practice and getting better sleep. Sure, it's not about the food exactly or maybe working out, but life happens. It can be a struggle to get everything exactly like we want it. We're here. We're not perfect. Sometimes we do well and sometimes we struggle to make healthier decisions

Honestly, I was glad to see that not everyone is dropping weight like crazy here. Reminds me we're all human and we all struggle for various reasons but that we keep going.

Okay, I'm done rambling. And I agree, thank you for running this group as a lot of people benefit from it. I very much appreciate it. We're here for you or anyone else who wants to share about the challenges or struggles (or celebrations) we have.

Thanks Imelda for the kind words. This was far from rambling. I want to lose about 10–15 more lbs so that’s why I’m focusing on my eating habits because the workouts I can do. I prettt much realized I wasn’t eating at a deficit in essence so that’s why there wasn’t a weight loss. I had a stare down with my thighs the last few days. I’m hoping they get smaller.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    Hello ladies,

Thank you for this.
This discussion has been closed.