My first introductory crossfit session!!

Options
EB4life
EB4life Posts: 39 Member
O......M.....G!!! Where do I begin??? Tonight was my 1st CrossFit Introductory Session. I am officially a CrossFitter and I got sore shoulders, palms with red marks to prove it! Tonight's session or WOD (can't believe I am saying WOD AHAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ) consisted of 3 intervals of deadlifts with a 20 lb barbell (10-lbs on each side), running, PUSH-ups and deadlifts with a 35-lb sand stone ball..... When I got in my car and got home I was shaky which means I worked something in a BEAST-MODE Manner that my body is not normally used to! It wasn't like OH GOD I AM GONNA DIE. I BELIEVE JILLIAN MICHAELS HAS DONE HER JOB AND PREPARED ME REALLY WELL....I have 20 more sessions to complete and a fitness test to pass before I can be in the big leagues. But I look forward to feeling the taste of my teeth grunting mixed with sweat running down my face! #LovingThisEyeofTheTigerTransformation????????????&ThereAin'tNoTurningBack!

I wouldn't mind adding a few MFP memebers who are into Crossfit to my group of friends. If you are interested, feel free to send me an invite :smile:

Replies

• nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was the same way my first class. The adrenaline rush is crazy. Good Luck on your journey and feel free to add me. :)
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    The crazy adrenaline rush that puts people in the beast mode where they think they can do anything is what makes some people push too hard in Crossfit and end up with an injury. This is especially true when you are exercising as a part of a group where everyone participating is in the same high-adrenaline, nothing-can-stop-me-now state of mind.

It's fine to be a bit out of breath after a hard workout, but the coach at the boot camp class I attend says you should be able to breathe and walk normally by the time you leave the building. Going out on the road when you are still pumped up with adrenaline from a workout can lead to auto accidents.

And remember you are new to all this, so please be careful and don't hesitate to modify your workout as needed!