What is the main reason you have started this way of eating?

officialrobszie
officialrobszie Posts: 15 Member
edited October 2017 in Social Groups
Mine is .. i am pre diabetic and im gaining too much weight since i moved here in america .. i wanna be healthy as i can live longer use fats as my fuel

Replies

• korilee74
    korilee74 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm overweight :( ... and have high blood pressure and skin issues. Fed up with myself and my eating habits. Stumbled upon this by accident but had good success with low carb many years back. Hopefully I don't crawl back to carbs again :/
  • officialrobszie
    officialrobszie Posts: 15 Member
    korilee74 wrote: »
    I'm overweight :( ... and have high blood pressure and skin issues. Fed up with myself and my eating habits. Stumbled upon this by accident but had good success with low carb many years back. Hopefully I don't crawl back to carbs again :/

i believe in ya! just try to always move forward.. carbs is our enemy .. thats also my weekness .. so what i do i just research delicious keto food like sweets .. then ill forget about carbs
  • DocSolid
    DocSolid Posts: 16 Member
    Haven’t been testing if in Ketosis but the results seem to confirm its working. Started Keto diet 10/8 when weight Spiked after eating “healthy” for the prior month- Keto diet and exercise is certainly the way to go!!
  • psychethelover
    psychethelover Posts: 68 Member
    The main reason is for my overall health, because I'm sick of feeling like crap every day and not wanting to really live or go out because of my weight and bad eating habits. I need drastic change in my life. And I love this way of eating. I know it's something I can stick to forever.
  • pinto_bean
    pinto_bean Posts: 34 Member
    For disease prevention (hopefully) and weight loss. I’ve been carrying this extra weight around for far too long. Time to do something about it.
  • Auggiesyaya
    Auggiesyaya Posts: 2 Member
    My A1C was high enough to be considered diabetic and my Triglycerides were elevated as well no amount of dieting and exercise worked and I could absolutely not lose weight. I had all the symptoms of metabolic syndrome. May 31 I had gastric sleeve surgery, as a patient we are told that we have to cut sugar and fat but the sugar is what caused my problems. Since my operation weaning off of sugar has not been as hard as I thought it would be and the Keto lifestyle has me feeling more energetic than I have in twenty years. Just yesterday I made Avocado Brownies with pecans on top they aren't overly sweet and have a richness that is a treat, two bites is all it takes to get that chocolatie richness that is satisfying. Keto is saving my life.
  • jillellen22
    jillellen22 Posts: 2 Member
    My doctor recommended the diet as good for brain health. My Mom has dementia. Also I need to drop 20 lbs.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    I'm still researching Keto, but my sister has lost like 30 pounds since May, and she's loving it all. I want to give it a try now. But I think I'm pre-diabetic, I'm always hungry (probably from insulin spikes), and would prefer to find a way of eating that can fuel me all day. I feel like I'm a slave to food. I'm hoping this can help break the chains, so to speak.
  • Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Over the last three years I have gained 70-80 lbs after being comfortable weight. My job changed gradually to less active, hence it increased my body change. I feel less ambitious, and not as on point as I used to. Using these points in research I info on Ketosis, and the Ketogenic diet.
    I have only been on it for a week, but have been reading listening to podcasts, and watching videos on the subject.

I am doing a 70-80% fat, 15-20% protein, 5% carbs and intermittent fasting.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    martinbeks wrote: »
    I'm still researching Keto, but my sister has lost like 30 pounds since May, and she's loving it all. I want to give it a try now. But I think I'm pre-diabetic, I'm always hungry (probably from insulin spikes), and would prefer to find a way of eating that can fuel me all day. I feel like I'm a slave to food. I'm hoping this can help break the chains, so to speak.

Update!

Yesterday was my first work day on Keto, and OMG. I wasn't hungry, shaky, or starving! I ate breakfast around 6, lunch around 12, and dinner around 6! I wasn't getting the hanger like I normally do, and I didn't need to reach for any snacks! I'm so excited!
  • pfreeman1970
    pfreeman1970 Posts: 5 Member
    I am overweight, high blood pressure, celiac, I want to live a healthier lifestyle
  • TMariepr
    TMariepr Posts: 16 Member
    For me, I am too like everyone else is overweight. I know a few people and it was recommended by one of my client's who's a trainer. After losing 8 lbs within 2 1/2 weeks, I was sold.
  • lariel16
    lariel16 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm morbidly obese, have high blood pressure, and I'm probably diabetic (never confirmed). I've been studying this diet from a distance and I really feel like this is something I can stick to. I have always been heavy; my little brother once innocently told me that he could never imagine me being skinny. That was a HUGE motivator for me! I have so much to live for and I just want to live the best life I can.
  • Julie2990
    Julie2990 Posts: 3 Member
    Nothing else seemed to work for me, so I had nothing to lose but weight. It's working, down 14. Yay Keto!
  • joannabanana1986
    joannabanana1986 Posts: 23 Member
    Heal my body and fuel my brain (too many low calorie crash diets :disappointed:) Sugar for me has been the devil!!! I'm tired of the ups and down of fueling up on carbs and hidden sugars. I have been learning to be a wizard in the kitchen and make fabulous keto foods. Lemon water has helped with the gastro transitioning into keto. I have had some muscle cramps the first few days so started to watch my sodium but I'm excited for the many benefits