I've Eaten Pizza for 3 Days Straight

Options
Rachel0778
Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
I'm not even exaggerating...moving is rough! And the post moving bloat is real. I've never been so happy to have my kitchen back in order and to buy fresh fruit and vegetables for the week.

I have not been "living the lifestyle" during this moving process and my weight reflects it. Buying a house is stressful and moving is extra stressful and I ate my feelings.

But today is a new day. The process is over. I am unpacked. I am not doing this again for the next 10+ years. And I can now carve out my healthy habits in my new home (including the fact that I now have an exercise room and I am walking to work!).

Replies

• Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Good reminder. I'm moving my office in less than two weeks and can relate to that stress, though I think what I'm feeling pales in comparison to moving one's home. Congrats on the new place ... sounds nice!
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting your keys, Rachel!

I think it's important to keep the positive outlook when going through a stressful situation that involves a big change.... and you just went through a double dose... so remember that you just bought your first house, and you don't have to move again any time soon! And you just unpacked your stuff in Your home!

The bloat will end in a few days as you flush that sodium out, and soon your new house will feel like Home. Let go of the stress, and look to the positive.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Focus. A good opportunity to plant good habits.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 congrats! on the new home. I'm a Real Estate Broker and deal with your stressful situation on a daily basis and feel your pain. I have been in my own home 20 years coming up in December and have no desire to move. I do have a powerful desire to declutter and I gotta say I am not looking forward to getting this accomplished but I've got to get it done.

I also completely understand eating the pizza b/c going through what you've been going through causes one to take the least line of resistance.

Again Congrats! on moving forward with the new place.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,076 Member
    Options
    Glad ya survived pizzageddon and are moving on!!
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    OK to admit I was a bit jealous when I read your thread title, @Rachel0778 ? I had pizza once over the weekend and it was really good! Coulda' had more but opted not to.

All that aside, congratulations on being a homeowner and all the rewards that come with it! To be able to set up YOUR kitchen is a wonderful thing. As the dust settles, I'm sure you'll make it and the rest of your house a haven to unwind, recharge and enjoy.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,532 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new home. It really does sound pretty wonderful!
  • klmackey893
    klmackey893 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congrats Rachel. However, if you are like me 10 years from now you will find a box that was never unpacked from this move.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new home! In October 2015, I moved from a 2200 sq ft house into a 1100 sq MOBILE HOME! (but it's at the beach so it's worth it :) ) I totally understand the stress of not having a kitchen!