November 8 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    ya559e1czar0.jpg
    This is the Ultimate Accountability Challenge. Step One is to commit to being thoughtful about exercise. Step 2 is thoughtfully tracking your intake of food and caloric beverages. Step 3 is to report in on the UAC. Step 4 is to encourage your team mates and to receive encouragement.
    Hope you have/had a great day!
    Rick
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    November 8
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 4 Km in 32 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Early walk (starting before dawn) before flying interstate for work today. Short entry today as tired and it is late (and early start).

Did my daily bodyweight strength routine in the hotel. Works fine on the road. One are door frame rows are difficult as the door edges are thinner in the hotel room. Everything else works great.

Tracked as best I could. Managed to avoid junk food today while travelling. Glad my wife made me breakfast before travelling. Took a three protein bars as top up. Used one an a half today. Will probably finish them tomorrow before I get home.

@Anya_000. Thank you. I try help as I can and also try to lead by example. So glad I have been able to help people. @Anya_000. , it is people like you that keep me involved with UAC and successful at maintenance. So thank you.

@RangerRick. Without your leadership, I would never have found UAC and been so inspired to assist others. You and the rest of the UAC group help me more than I can express.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Evening all.

I echo those words Anya. I'm so glad I found the UAC and was welcomed with open arms by both Rick and Craig and of course all of you.
    Not sure where I'd be now if I wasn't logging in on here as last year totally went to pot around this time, but I didn't have you all then to keep me accountable, so thank you all for that.

Nov 8th...

Exercised?: Yes.
    Calories?: Yes. Just!
    Tracked?: Yes. Wish I hadn't, lol.

Had a run this morning (3 miles) and half hour on the cross trainer. Been busy doing other things around the house so been quite active, but not had much success with food today. Been munching biscuits instead of making a proper meal which is not good, and now I've logged them in I'm stuck for a snack tonight without going over and already used my exercise calories, so I'm gonna suffer for that.
    Really need to get back on track with my meals instead of going for the nearest thing in the cupboard - an old habit that seems to be creeping back, so need to nip that in the bud quickly.
    On a plus side I lost that annoying 1lb and now 9 stone 6. If I keep this binge up though that's not gonna be the case for long, lol. And now of course I'm mad at myself, lol.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day - stress eating is not good, it's just been so horrid here these past few days. I usually go for a run or a long walk to clear my head, but the weather doesn't give me any incentive to do so, and my doggie is poorly so she's stuck inside too - I think she's as miserable as I am, lol.

Sorry for the rant...Hope everyone else has had a better day today. Hugs to all...x <3
  • sniksniks
    sniksniks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nov 6th
    Exercised? Yes - 30 min spin
    Calories? No - work travel and a work dinner :-(
    Tracked? No - no idea what my dinner was but knew it was so over
    Makes this Pass #2 straight after Pass #1

Nov 7th
    Exercised? Yes- managed to do a 30 min HIIT workout in my hotel room
    Calories? No - ahhhhh work travel has got me. Had a sandwhich which put me over on the 5 hour drive back home.
    Tracked? Yes!
    Pass #3. So week 1 and I've used up all my passes. Did consider giving up today but I'm going to keep going and trying.

Has anyone got any tips of how to deal with multiple days of work travel? I am fine usually the first day because I can prep my lunch etc at home, but what do you do for the rest of the week for example? Usually the days are long and intense, and there's generally a couple of fancy dinners involved. The main part of work travel I struggle with is the actual travel part - driving for long periods and not snacking is probably the biggest part.

Thanks!

@fourathomej Spin classes are the best! I love doing classes, so great for motivation and pushing you harder than you would push yourself but makes it difficult when I can't hit my normal gym routine if I'm away with work. Then doing a YouTube workout is the next best thing

@pears734 your words of encouragement for a first timer are so helpful!! Definitely have a tendency to get upset about failing which leads to 'what's the point' thoughts which inevitably leads to giving up!

I'll post today's once I'm done for the day but so far exercise is a yes :-)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    some encouraging results and commitment above

Signing in 8/11/2017

Yep I stayed within calorie allowance and logged everything.

walked for 30 minute sand static bike for 30 minutes

8/8 so far.

Thursdays are difficult days so got to get my act together and pull it together.

have a good evening
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    trixsey1 wrote: »
    Evening all.

I echo those words Anya. I'm so glad I found the UAC and was welcomed with open arms by both Rick and Craig and of course all of you.
    Not sure where I'd be now if I wasn't logging in on here as last year totally went to pot around this time, but I didn't have you all then to keep me accountable, so thank you all for that.

Nov 8th...

Exercised?: Yes.
    Calories?: Yes. Just!
    Tracked?: Yes. Wish I hadn't, lol.

Had a run this morning (3 miles) and half hour on the cross trainer. Been busy doing other things around the house so been quite active, but not had much success with food today. Been munching biscuits instead of making a proper meal which is not good, and now I've logged them in I'm stuck for a snack tonight without going over and already used my exercise calories, so I'm gonna suffer for that.
    Really need to get back on track with my meals instead of going for the nearest thing in the cupboard - an old habit that seems to be creeping back, so need to nip that in the bud quickly.
    On a plus side I lost that annoying 1lb and now 9 stone 6. If I keep this binge up though that's not gonna be the case for long, lol. And now of course I'm mad at myself, lol.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day - stress eating is not good, it's just been so horrid here these past few days. I usually go for a run or a long walk to clear my head, but the weather doesn't give me any incentive to do so, and my doggie is poorly so she's stuck inside too - I think she's as miserable as I am, lol.

Sorry for the rant...Hope everyone else has had a better day today. Hugs to all...x <3

Trixset1 I hope you have a better day tommorow, trouble is biscuits are so convenient, can you get Gullon sugar free biscuits, they are my savour sometimes. Good luck for tommorow
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have to take my first Pass day - today was not a brilliant day. Didn't manage much exercise, just a quick nip outside with the dogs this morning and swapping over summer and cooler weather clothes this afternoon - unfortunately this has aggravated my back so haven't managed much else. Also a few (27) calories over goal. Everything logged though. Line firmly drawn Nader today, ready for tomorrow. Hope others are having a better day! Thanks for all the support from everyone, it is very much appreciated.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    @trixsey1 sorry your dog is not well, hope she's feeling better soon. My puppy was a bit off-colour and off his food a couple of days ago and it was horrible not being able to make him feel better. He's back to bouncing and bounding around now though.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Checking in a little early today. Have family flying in this afternoon for a couple of days but all the meals are planned and logged and I will stick to my portions.

Exercise: Yes, 20 min calisthenics warm-up, 20 min Elliptical and 50 min "Leg Day"!
    Calories: Yes, about 300 under
    Tracking : Yes
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (45 min. breaststroke swimming, 30 min. outdoor walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • ChrisQueen67
    ChrisQueen67 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hoping I get this right today.

Exercise ✔ 5 miles done and HIIT
    Calories ✔
    Tracking ✔

I did IF today and I'm feeling pretty good, though I'm feeling a bit sore from yesterday's workout. End of another day.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    8-Nov

Exercise: yes, I walked briskly for 45 minutes, this morning
    Calories: yes, within my limit
    Tracking: yes, everything
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Exercised? Yes! Zumba 45 minutes
    Log and under calories? No but I will do better!
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 40 minutes on the elliptical at the gym. It is now cold here so inside we go....
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@bocasdelbadbob - Thanks for sharing that beautiful picture
    Thanks for @RangerRickL and @craigo3154 for all your wonderful posts.
    I look forward to seeing what you are going to post daily.
    Congratulations to the UAC group as everyone seems to be doing well.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    @Anya_000 - Thanks for your kind comments!!
    @trixsey1 - Isn't it something how much of a negative effect the nasty weather can have on us?!!
    @sniksniks - Glad you didn't give up!! Just do your best, and hang in there with us!!
    @BadgerLamb236 - Hope your back gets better quickly!
    @luluinca - Enjoy the time with your family!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 brisk minute walk.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes