November 7 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    65 minutes of Zumba. Tracked and under with calories. I was at a social meeting tonight and the person next to me reminded me there was carrot cake and gingerbread. I said thanks but I was not interested tonight. So she brings me back a huge piece of cake and puts it at my spot. She said she was sure I really did want it. I smiled at her and said not really and let it sit there untouched. Not sure of her motivation. Maybe she thought she was being nice? Figured best thing was not make a big deal out of it but I definitely wasn't going to eat it.

That is so annoying hun. It really winds me up when peeps do that. My weakness is chocolates, and they will deliberately put it next to me or make a big thing out of it as they eat it, like putting up to their lips and going "hmmm, this is so nice" or something like that. I can turn away, but you'd think they would be more understanding, a little more supportive with less of the taunting.
    Well done for not being persuaded to take it although I doubt I could have been so nice, lol.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,999 Member
    Options
    @trixsey1 thanks! It took some effort to smile. It was an acquaintance who may have remembered me from years ago.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    November 6 and 7
    Exeecise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes

@120maggie I guess you just have to consider the source. Goid job on handling it the way you did that spoke volumes. @trixsey1 now that sounds like school kid behavior certainty not like a true friend

True friends should cheer you on not be a stumbling block to your success.
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    November 7th update
    Exercise - yes, 12,841 steps, includes 30 min on treadmill, 15 lunges and 3 min arm circles (from another challenge :)
    Calories - yes
    Tracked - yes
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Exercise - Yes. 2x30 min walks (inc hills) into village and back for haircut and shopping.
    Calories - Yes, under goal.
    Logging - Yes. Getting used to logging drinks. I only drink strong black coffee (small) and herbal tea, so calorie-free, but good discipline to log. Sorry but cba to log water though.

Lovely sunny day here again, but cooler (slight frost this morning, dogs not impressed). Loads of bright stars in a clear sky when I let dogs out for an early wee at 5:30 this morning. [/quote]

I have not been logging black coffee or green tea as they have no calories. When the challenge mentioned drinks I thought that meant drinks with calories such as pop, juice, alcohol, etc., as well as water which has its own area to record.

If this puts me out of the winners circle, please let me know. I will continue to report but start getting used to tracking my coffee and tea, and aim for the winners circle next month.

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 4 mile dog walk

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes. Even including my Thai lunch

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I have a snowbird friend that lives in Vegas from October to June. I’m so happy she’s back in town. We caught up for lunch at one of her favourite Thai restaurants. It could quite possibly, become a favourite of mine
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    November 7
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes
  • L010
    L010 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? - Yes. run for 20 mins and 10 mins walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? no. slightly overboard
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? - yes
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Heh, I got to the top of the hill, well, a few hundred short of that and my front tire went totally flat. Ugh, I was on track for a PR.
    I was running my heart way hotter than than I am supposed to. 90 minutes of fiendish climbing. Don't know why I think that is fun. It was cold but nothing is freezing at elevations I was at.
    I ain't been all that diligent at tracking but I weighed in this morning and was pleasantly surprised. So it is a beer and a shot for me today.
    I went an seen Buddy. That little rapscallion. Me an him is buds. PT man will run him ragged, but when he sees me he recharges. I feed him his lunch. He is ravenous. I am now thinking that I got to hold him back some calories. He is a growing boy but reality is that he ain't got the metabolism (activity) of a regular kid. My influence on his diet and activity, hey I am going to manage it scientifically.
    I love my life. I haven't always said that. What other motivation is there?
    I like that guy @RangerRickL and I like that guy @craigo3154.
    They ain't as weird as me but they help a lot of people on their path to recovering health.
    There is a lot to this whole thing about motivations to health.
    Forgot what I was going to say next.

Oh, here is a picture. Some people on here put pictures from their lives. Myself, I try to limit bandwidth somewhat and say a few words about relevance. Yeah right, listen to me saying relevance.

This is a pic, hey, I rode my bike here. That counts as relevant. In the foreground there is cap rock or slick rock. I ride across it until there is this place of majestic canyons.

yvwa83ixqdrn.jpg
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @bocasdelbob You are very relevant to me! I deeply appreciate your posts; pictures; and person philosophy!
  • lgkelly72
    lgkelly72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Passing on Day 7
  • jbaptiste1707
    jbaptiste1707 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    exercise: yes did weight training and 4 mile run
    calories: yes but only because of calories i earned from the 4 miles run
    tracker - yes everything