Doing Keto and trying to go dairy free for a few weeks at least...Recipe Ideas?

Hi everyone!

I've been strictly Keto (under 20 g carbs) since the end of June, and I've dropped my blood sugar down into regular numbers. However, my weight is stuck (for the last 7 weeks) and I'm still having a lot of trouble with inflammation. So I went over my food diary and discovered that I've been eating some form of dairy at almost every meal.

Now, I'm looking for recipes that don't have cream cheese, or mozzarella as main ingredients. Anyone have any favorites?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Leanne Vogel of healthfulpursuit.com has a lot of recipes that are dairy free (as well as other allergens and inflammatory foods FREE)...

As does Maria Emmerich of mariamindbodysoul.com...

Those are two I remember that focus on that specifically...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Chuck roast braised or roasted in the oven with cabbage (carrots and onions). Pork loin roasted and your choice of vegetable. Whole chicken, roasted. Add your choice of vegetables. Shrimp boiled in water seasoned with Old Bay. Add your choice of vegetables. Any fish, pan fried. Add your choice of vegetable. Salmon, baked in the oven. Add your choice of vegetable. I rarely eat cheese as a part of a meal unless it is an Alfredo or something similar.

I made a marinara the other night and ate it with spaghetti squash.

All can be found on line. Google: "Pot Roast Recipe". "How to roast pork loin" (not to be confused with the much smaller pork tenderloin). "Best Roasted Chicken". "Basic Marinara".
  • KarblessKreature
    KarblessKreature Posts: 52 Member
    Avocados I have 2 large ones a day and usually a few cups of spinach in a salad with avocado and hemp oil. Also macadamian nut and hemp seeds. My main ways of upping the fat without dairy. I’ve started cutting back on the dairy also. But can’t give up my keto/bulletproof coffee.