Bone Broth Protein powder

Options
*waves* Question time.

So I'm having odd problems with my running and my first way of dealing with it is upping my protein since I seem to be rather lacking there. That's the long story short. ;)

I bought myself some Bone Broth Protein powder yesterday and about passed out with the price for 20 servings. Do you guys have one that you like and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Yes, I know I can make my own. It's on my list. I like the idea of the transportibility of the powder though.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate Sun Warrior plus...but the other flavors they have are pretty terrible...it's not exactly cheap, but if the bone broth stuff is the same my chiropractor sells, then I think it's a better deal...

https://sunwarrior.com/store/product/classic-plus-chocolate-500g
  • beckydeemter4406
    Options
    I know it's pricey, but I've tried just about every kind (may have missed one or two) and Ancient Nutrition bone broth protein powder is the only one I can handle on a regular basis. I greatly dislike most protein powder except this one. I use the pure flavor in soups, stews, sauces, etc...and I use the vanilla flavor almost every morning with nut milk, MCT oil, and nut butter for breakfast. My stats aren't keto - just low carb, because my Dr. wanted me to up my protein intake to help with healing as I'm doing a prolotherapy protocol to heal osteoarthritis in my hip. The bone broth protein powder is essential to my protein intake, and it's also giving me a good boost of collagen. (Also needed while doing the prolotherapy)
    I'm 50%F, 35%P, 15%C
  • Twinklestarr1981
    Twinklestarr1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Ancient Nutrition Chocolate Bone Broth Protein Powder!!! It’s such a treat!!!! I put it with a half a scoop of PB Fit-aww ya=AMAZING!!!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    How do they de-meatify the flavour of broth?? And turn it into chocolate?? That just sounds weird.
  • beckydeemter4406
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    How do they de-meatify the flavour of broth?? And turn it into chocolate?? That just sounds weird.

Good question! Ancient Nutrition pure bone broth protein powder lists as it's ingredient - chicken bone broth concentrate. That's it. The flavors list that, and whatever is needed to give it flavor (cocoa powder, vanilla, stevia, monk fruit...)
    If you've ever made a pure bone broth (as opposed to a meat stock which uses meat and bones) you know that it's very mild in flavor - it's the other veggies, herbs, and spices you put in it that make it flavorful.
    Ancient Nutrition uses pure bone broth, and dries it to a powder, then adds flavorings to it. The pure (plain) flavor can be added to anything, savory or sweet. The powders all have a very clean ingredient list, which is important to me, as most protein drinks are full of junk I refuse to put in my body!

If a bone broth tastes strongly of meat/poultry, it's because in the making of it, bits of meat and skin have been included in the process.