Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Zero Carb Deserts?

Hi guys and girls :)

I am wondering if anyone has created any zero carb desserts? I suffer a real sweet tooth, especially in the evening time. I don't like to ignore cravings because from past experience i have ended up eating my way around it to only end up eating 5 times more than i would have if i just gave in to it.

I have been eating good old jelly made with 600ml pepsi max and 11 grams plain gelatin powder (i know, i know. the pepsi has Aspartame! but i would rather have a little of that than 15.2 tea spoons of sugar in the normal one) and it has really been hitting the spot. Not bad for 0 carb and 30 calories :)

The thing is, i am feeling a bit bored of it now and need to switch it up. Does anyone have any ideas? Do artificial food flavorings like the baking ones contain carbs? If i could change the flavour that may help a bit.

I would prefer 0 carb deserts, but will go up to 5 grams maximum.

Thanks people :)

Replies

• linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    These aren't zero carb, but they are filling and yummy - muffin in a minute. There are lots of variations, I especially like the cinnamon and I also make a lemon poppyseed that is my favorite. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/453964-low-carb-muffin-in-a-minute.
    Also a favorite is the minute microwave cheesecake http://yourlighterside.com/2012/08/minute-microwave-cheesecake/. Enjoy :)
  • I'm with you. I have a terrible sweet tooth so I eat sugar free jello gelatin. I also have sugar free chocolate toffee squares and sugar free carmel pecan turtles, both made by Russell Stover. I also have sugar free Lifesavers both the rainbow colored ones and the wintergreen mints.

I'm also looking for some new low carb desserts. So I hope to see some more comments. =)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    I'm addicted to sugar free popsicles.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    I make (almost 0 carb) ice cream. 4c heavy cream, 1c splenda, 2 eggs, 2 t vanilla. Mix w/ a mixer until stiff and freeze. So good it puts ice cream to shame! Going to get some diet rootbeer and make a float
  • jphon
    jphon Posts: 8
    The ice cream sounds amazing :) definitely one to try :smooched: and another definite is the sugar free toffee squares. The cheesecake one looks very tempting, that's a for sure on my cheat day next month :) Thanks for the suggestions so far, they all sound great :smile:
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    I pinned that cheesecake, yum! thanks for the link
  • missyusf92
    missyusf92 Posts: 3 Member
    Pinned too. Thansk!:happy:
  • milosmom1979
    milosmom1979 Posts: 33 Member
    Russell Stover makes EXCELLENT sugar free candy that takes the edge off! Im eating a mint patty as we speak!! also Breyers makes a line called Carb smart which has excellent 3-4 net carb ice cream bars... So Delish!!!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    try the george stella web site, this guy makes amazing low carb desserts,, ( and shares the recipies), love his cheese cake, and chocolate items, all make with NO sugar alchols, http://www.stellastyle.com/