Chatting in November

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
Ya it's November! It happens to be a favourite month of mine, cooler days with some snow :)

I am hoping in November I get my blanket finished that I'm crocheting for someone, I also hope that I finally see something happen on my scale, holding steady is way better then gaining but I would really love to get below 280 been stuck between 285-288 for months now

Hope everyone has a fantastic day and that the Halloween candy doesn't tempt you too much!!!!

Replies

• ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have a November goal of getting my garage emptied so I can park a car in it in November. I moved in April and the garage was the landing place for a lot of things, including my treadmill. Need to get some strong people to help me load it into the house so I can keep myself moving over the cold winter months.

Had a win with Halloween candy last night. Actually said no thank you to my son when he offered me some.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Woohoo way to go @ajewellmom I like your November goals and your candy win.

• ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have put some candy in my mouth since Halloween, but I have also logged it. Again, this is a win for me. How's the crocheting going?

BTW, I was thinking this morning that I would like to see myself below 280 next week. Going to push and make it happen.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I love coffee crisps and the other day I logged it and it told me, "you just hit your protein goal" makes that chocolate seem a little better for me!

Crocheting is going good, I am making a blanket for my sister, they are time consuming but I love making them!! My niece is having a baby in the spring so I will start hers next, baby blankets are a lot faster of course.

I hope you hit your goal :)

• HLaR79
    Options
    At home with a very angry stomach today, I feel well enough to not sleep but I am in need of a very close by bathroom so I don't want to be at work!! I sometimes wish I was able to nap on demand lol
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Another week almost over! I have a Long weekend and get Monday off yay!!!!
    Went and seen Bad Moms Christmas yesterday, laughed so hard it was almost a work out lol!

• HLaR79
    Options
    November has started awfully snowy and cold, supposed to be above zero tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't get too icy.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Ditto❤️
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Oh half way through November almost, I have done way better logging and drinking water this month then the past few months! I have been over a lot though but at least I am logging it!! I feel like I'm starting over from the start again, taking those tiny steps again to work up to the bigger picture again.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Same here HLaR79 - I feel like I am at the beginning again too

I am in morning today because Italia did not qualify for World Cup for the first time in over 60 years.....I am so incredibly sad!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Wow to lose a 60 year streak would be heartbreaking....

One week to my crazy Black Friday shopping vacation, heading down to Fargo North Dakota, I need this trip... my step son now wants to live with us, he has some incredibly challenging issues, I may have to take a leave from work if he comes.... and my doggie who we have only had since July needs major surgery on his hips, stress on my baby and on my bank book.... some shopping therapy needed!!!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, Italian :disappointed: That is very frustrating!

Wow - that's a lot of stress, HL! You have my prayers. And yep - a nice, 'relaxing' lol Black Friday shopping vacation sounds in order *grins*

Now me personally? I'm an introvert and hate crowds, so I never go Black Friday shopping and try to avoid the stores like crazy that entire weekend. I only went one time and that was because my dad wanted to get my mother a new tv, and the only way he could afford it was to get it during a Black Friday sale, except he's not in good shape physically and couldn't walk the store himself, so I ended up going for him. Midnight on Thanksgiving night, and it was still a 3 ring circus!

I'm a weird one - I tend to do my Christmas shopping in July, August, and September, and in fact, I have mine done except for a few odds n ends. The biggest problem for me is that all my stuff is currently packed away in my parents' garage while we are working feverishly to finish remodeling enough of my new house so that I can get into part of it. I know where most of the gifts are that I bought, but there's one that I lost track of, and its unfortunately somewhere in that mess. I had a lot of left over wrapping paper, too, but I'm going to have to buy new of that this year because the old paper is somewhere near the back of the pile lol
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Oh I wish I had it in me to shop in earlier months... I am usually finishing my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve! This year we are all going out to a restaurant for dinner, the kids are all getting a small bag of gifts and the adults are not exchanging any gifts (though I have a few small Xmas gift games to surprise them with)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Quiet few weeks! I did my trip and found a few really great deals, though my body did not accept the punishment of shopping for 3 days straight!
    Today I have a headache and am feeling crabby, but it may have more to do with today being day one of "total soda reduction" because I am trying to have bariatric surgery I need to stop carbonated and caffeine, I decided to stop the bubbles first so for the next week I am cutting myself down to 1 can size of soda per day. I can't go cold turkey lol!

How is everyone else's November going!?
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    ooh, I'm sorry, HL :) My brother had that surgery back in September - he had the old bypass done (not a sleeve) and he says he misses the fizz!

November is going fast. I'm going to have to make a trip to town myself this evening because Zales jewelry store is having their black Friday prices through this evening only. My mom wants pearl earrings for Christmas, and the only ones my dad can afford are the ones that are on sale. I had looked at Kay's online over the weekend, and they didn't have anything, but didn't think to check Zales until today. Dad can't physically do much shopping anymore, especially can't walk a mall, so I'll take my sister and we'll go pick them up for him. While I'm there, I'm going to look at sapphire rings - I want to get myself a sapphire ring, preferably white gold, as my gift to myself for hitting 100 lbs lost - which will hopefully happen before the end of the year!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Hope you were able to find the jewelry you wanted!!!
    Malls are not the best but at least you get lots of walking in, their should be a special exercise for dodging crazy people christmas shopping, it's exhausting!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    yep - got the earrings and in dad's price range! Mom spotted him a bit more money, so I took him Saturday for that. He wants to get her something else, but I'm trying to hold him to a gift card and the 3 gifts he already got her; we'll see if I win out on that lol