Leftover Halloween Candy

Options
Philtex
Philtex Posts: 947 Member
Do you have some at home? Is it at work? Are you eating any?

There was candy at the office yesterday. It did not go well.

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,086 Member
    Options
    Because of the storms up here in NH, our town postponed Trick or Treating until Friday. TOL bought way too much. Hopefully I can resist.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Our leftovers are sitting on the counter in a bag waiting to be taken to work this morning and donated to our concierge desk upstairs. I work in the basement so there is enough distance from me and the candy to not make it worth my while to go candy dish surfing.

Out of sight, out of mind does work well for me for many temptations.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen a single piece outside a bag. :)
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,005 Member
    Options
    Left over fun size snickers 1/2 bag. I resisted but it is DW's favorite so it won't last long. I've resisted so far have had none but DW keeps hershey's nuggets in the counter all the time. Another of her favorites.
    It is a daily test for me which I usually am able to pass.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Our WW meeting collects it and sends it to oùr troops. We don't live in a neighborhood with young kids except maybe 1 or 2 so we don't buy candy. I had one bite sized piece after my massage yesterday from a bowl there.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    We have a bit, but they aren't my favorites so I put them in my SO's snack cupboard. I already overdosed on Halloween so candy doesn't sound that great
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,701 Member
    Options
    DW still has candy corn here. Promised when it is all she won't buy more ,Thank God .
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,274 Member
    Options
    Took mine to work and put it in the break area. Gone. All gone.

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    We had beautiful weather and had more kids than treats..I ran out after one hour.

I did have two Fun Size Snickers!
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    We went through 8 bags in about 1.5 hours here at the house and then ran out... I had wondered if a mid-week halloween would slow things down.. Not even a bit.

My daughter still has some from trick-or-treating, but she didn't collect much. I do admit to taking 2 bite sized butterfingers as "Daddy Tax" yesterday.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Man, I have no idea! This year seems different than any other. Very little candy at the office. I think just about everything we bought at home was passed out on the 31st.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    Have not had any kids come to the door here in 4 years, my neighborhood has very few kids and is not really set up in a way that would allow them easy access anyway so I have not bought any candy in 3 years. I keep a roll of quarters handy just in case. One of the receptionists at my WW meeting also collects leftovers to send to the troops, so I expect to see quite a bit of it when I weigh in tomorrow.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    No kids, no trick-or-treaters. No problem.

I've come to realize all those bags I bought of the typical Halloween candy in years past (just in case the kids showed up)--it really wasn't worth it. We have a close family friend from Switzerland who occassionally sends us good chocolate. Now THAT is worth it! Snickers and Reese's? Not so much anymore.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Not a problem here. An advantage of living full-time in a place that has mostly part-time (summer) visitors.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    We just throw it out. Safer
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    bwmalone wrote: »
    We went through 8 bags in about 1.5 hours here at the house and then ran out... I had wondered if a mid-week halloween would slow things down.. Not even a bit.

My daughter still has some from trick-or-treating, but she didn't collect much. I do admit to taking 2 bite sized butterfingers as "Daddy Tax" yesterday.

“I do admit to taking 2 bite sized butterfingers as "Daddy Tax" yesterday.”

As long as you didn’t really do what Jimmy Kimmel tells parents to do...tell kids they ate ALL their kids Treats! LOL
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Those Jimmy Kimmel videos are gold!