Benefits of keto

Options
rchelen
rchelen Posts: 46 Member
What are some health benefits you are experiencing With keto? I'm 2 weeks into keto and mine is not feeling hungry all the time! I used to get shaky and sick when I don't eat in time. Now I don't get shaky anymore! Yay!

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    for me I've noticed energy, I mean that I rarely feel by mid afternoon that I'd like a nap, also I agree re not often feeling hungry, I'm still good at eating though!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Reduced hunger and cravings are significant benefits for me. Thus, it's easier for me to stick with this way of eating.
  • KarblessKreature
    KarblessKreature Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Less inflammation in my joints and back. I have a sciatica issue and after about a week on keto I stopped using aleve for the stiffness/pain. I sleep better and have more constant energy throughout the day. No ups and downs. And I have more time to do things cause I’m not eating 4-6 times a day lol
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Less hunger, way more energy, easy to stick to and above all I feel amazing!!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Definitely for diminished cravings and hunger control. I still have to be careful of mindless eating. Every little task I complete doesn't warrant a pit stop at the refrigerator. Habit...
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    For me it is the anti-inflammatory properties, for sure. I am no longer sore and achy all the time. I'm no longer moon-faced and tired. It's great!

Also, I have struggled with over-eating my entire life. Since going keto (five months) I have not stuffed myself to discomfort even once. I have not binged or felt out of control. I occasionally eat a little too much sugar-free chocolate, but that is totally a conscious decision and nothing compared to my old habits, when carbs and glucose fuelled my compulsions to eat.
  • rchelen
    Options
    For me it is the anti-inflammatory properties, for sure. I am no longer sore and achy all the time. I'm no longer moon-faced and tired. It's great!

Also, I have struggled with over-eating my entire life. Since going keto (five months) I have not stuffed myself to discomfort even once. I have not binged or felt out of control. I occasionally eat a little too much sugar-free chocolate, but that is totally a conscious decision and nothing compared to my old habits, when carbs and glucose fuelled my compulsions to eat.

This! Feels so good to have self control! I was the same way with carb, zero self control what's so ever!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

I think it is so important to keep this (the bold) in mind especially when I have one of those few days when everything wasn't just "right". It is still far better than my previous norm or transgression. Guilt and remorse are useless. I just get back on track.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    no migraines, even during PMS week
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Anti-inflammatory for sure, my knees don't bother me plus less weight on all my joints helps as well. My overall mood is better and energy levels are pretty good in comparison to before. My blood work has improved a great deal with this WOE. I have really sensitive skin and it's definitely cleared that up a lot. I tend to deal with stress better and it's set me on healthy path since I am more active and aware of what I am eating. It's strange but I don't even think of the WOE as being odd these days, its more out of place to have a corn tortilla and I am a New Mexican who loves his tortillas and green/red chile.
  • rchelen
    edited November 2017
    Options
    no migraines, even during PMS week
    That's awesome! I suffer from pms too, and I noticed it wasn't as bad this month! I have my fingers cross!