Call it...emotional eating.

Hello everyone,

I am Laura, 26 and I have never spoken to anyone about this issue. I don’t know how to classify it, maybe emotional eating will be fine. I am working in a gym as front desk and assistant manager, i like my job even if sometime is really stressing and demanading. I am studying as a personal trainer even if I should be ok with my studying, but this is my passion and my world. I have always had a bad relationship with food, it has grown with me among the years. I daresay I love to keep my life under control, i am a perfectionist i know my goals and don’t be able to give my 100% and control my behaviors hase become really stressful for me. Everything is around my bodyshape and by diet. If i am not fit i am not happy. If someone looking at me can say “Are you working in a gym? I can see it, you are definitely fit!”. Superficial? I am looking for an answer. Even if i have studied for years and i love fields like medicine, marketing, anatomy, physiology, nutrition, communication and psychology, i daresay my body is driving my life.
In the last few months overeating episodes happened. In the last few weeks they have become too invadent in my life. I am scared about food, sometime i can find myself eating inconsciusly. I don’t want be be seen by anyone, i do it in secret. I am not gaining weigth probably because i am trying to control it using this app aswell, doing sports, fasting. I terrified about this evenience.
Probably i should speak with someone because this is causing me a lot of sufference. People could say: you are skillfull, you have studied nutrition, you are going to run a pt career, this behavior doesn’t belong to you, it’s disgusting. I am living with my boyfriend and he doesn’t know, i am afraid, I am helping him with his nutrition. How could he believe me again? And also, i am feeling in blame for what i am doing.

I have always kept everything inside, but know i have to recognise i have a problem and i cannot solve it by my own as usual. I just would like to speak with someone with the same fellings.

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    I believe a lot of people in this group can understand you. I know I can and have been there. Some good insights and suggestions are available too. At the moment I also use the groups Overeaters anonymous. There are quite a few good topics over there. Welcome! :)
  • LauraPolato
    LauraPolato Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks :) I have just found that group i really hope could be useful for m!