Low Carber Transition

Options
So I did well on the LC diet, but now want to transition to introducing Fruit and more whole food (but maybe not necessarily low carb) options. Anyone else take the same journey? Tips/Thoughts? Processed foods will never come back into my life!

Replies

• all4eternity125
    all4eternity125 Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi Johnny! I work out 6x a week, 3x strength training and 3x cardio, one day is yoga or rest. On days when is strength training I eat fruits, oats, rice... up to 50% carbs. On other days I eat only up to 20% carbs. This is called carb cycling and it's more efficient for weight loss and mental health (cause, you know, no carbs day after day can be mind games really)
    It suits me better than keto and lchf. Tried both and failed miserably.
  • msmacok
    msmacok Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Johnny. You may not want to hear from me just now as I have gained 30 pounds of my 50 pound weight loss! We went to Italy in February and I have only recently returned to my program. I fell big time, but when my clothes started not to fit, I said that was enough. Anyway, because I am also diabetic, I try to stay on a low carb food plan. I cannot go without fruit, but I can reduce my intake. I follow a 1500 calorie plan and break it up percentage wise: Carbs - 40; Protein -35 and Fat - 25. This works best for me. You can, of course, experiment with the percentages and find what works for you. I usually have 2 to 4 ounces of fruit 3 or 4 times a day. Rarely do I drink juice, even the low calorie - not diet - juices. I do drink Crystal Lite and an assortment of teas, usually with cream. I eat all kinds of fruit - even fresh gooseberries and any others. If I use fruit as my snack, I always have a protein with it, such as cheese -including cottage and ricotta; baked ham, hard boiled/deviled egg; left-over dinner meats, etc. I do not use luncheon meats unless they are preservative and sugar-free. I also use low-carb, high-fiber breads and spray butter, although I do use whipped butter on ocassion. I also take vitamins and other supplements, meds, drink lots of water and average 10,000 steps a day.
    I hope this helps and encourages you. It has helped me to write my plan down and really look at it. Good luck!