Best ways to lose 1 pound a week

Options
Hi I just got this app and don't know the best way to lose one pound a week any suggestions?

Replies

• nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    The best thing to do is to enter your stats, and a goal of 1 pound per week. The app will tell you how many calories to eat. Log everything you eat as accurately as possible, and eat the number of calories you're given. You don't have to eat any special foods or cut "bad" foods. Eat what you like, just less - especially at first. Later you can switch to healthier choices if you decide the foods you're eating at a smaller calorie amount aren't satisfying.

When I first started on this app I read a lot of the forums/questions in the community section and I learned a lot by reading responses.
  • kelsey3513
    kelsey3513 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input but how do I make it eaiser to lose the weight? Ex; exercises to help
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What are your stats, how much do you have to lose? If you are already pretty lean, 1lb a week could be a bit fast and very difficult as your deficit will have to be larger.
  • kelsey3513
    Options
    I need to lose about 20lbs to get to my goal weight
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Fair enough. 1lb per week is good then. As mentioned, use the app to set your calories, log your workouts,, some eat some or half of the exercise calories back. In terms of workouts, do something you enjoy.. you don't have to start out super hard and intense (where you will most likely burn out and not keep up with it).

And i would recommend using a food scale to weigh your food for the best accuracy. Good luck!
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    kelsey3513 wrote: »
    Thank you for your input but how do I make it eaiser to lose the weight? Ex; exercises to help

Exercising is great for fitness and might make your figure look a little better once you lose the weight, but might not make losing weight "easier". Do any exercises that you enjoy enough to stick with long term.

Cardio can help create a bigger calorie deficit (so you can eat more calories). On the flip side some people get very hungry from cardio, and so it could make eating less calories even harder. I hate cardio so I do body weights/weight training which burns almost no calories but I think is better for me.

There's only one magic formula to lose weight: eat less calories. Good luck!
  • kelsey3513
    Options
    Thank you so much for your input it will help a lot