Have you run a 5k after finishing the weeks?

Options
kelsey3513
kelsey3513 Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2017 in Social Groups
Just wondering if anyone did a real running 5k after using the C25K app

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    You mean a race, or just the distance? I've done the distance three times now, and did a race once before finishing (walked partway). Our first race after finishing is coming up Dec 2.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Several 5k's, 10k's and one half marathon. Before c25k, I hated even trying to run.
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 7 of the C25K app. Did a 5K late October (had to walk a lot of it because my 4 year old was with me but we finished in 47 minutes) and doing another one on Dec 2.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Just checking back in after doing my race! My husband and I ran the St Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend 5k on Dec 2, almost exactly a month after finishing the c25k program. Our goal was simply to finish without walking intervals, although we also hoped to finish in less than 36 minutes, which was our previous best time.

Well - a lot of walkers on the course meant we had to stop and go around them several times. We ended up, according to our GPS, running 3.3 miles total because of having to run around so many people! And we weren't able to start running until almost two minutes past the time we crossed the starting line. But despite obstacles, we finished in 38:04, and felt great! This course is almost all uphill, with one very steep hill at the end as it goes over an overpass, and we had driven it before and were nervous about it. But it felt like nothing!

We are currently up to 5 miles on our long run. C25k was definitely a success for us! Our next goal is to be able to run a 5k in under 30 minutes, which we hope to have achieved by next year's St Jude Memphis weekend.
  • Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ran a 5k last weekend, finished c25k 3 or 4 weeks ago. I chose one I could do with my dog and did c25k with her. It was great except for when she got scared by something and ran under my feet so I stepped on her, and then stepped on her again trying to jump over her. Silly dog!