New here

Options
I want to get back on track and get my life back. by husband and I have given our lives helping everyone and done nothing for ourselves. It is time that we go to the head of the line. My husband has had 3 majior lung sugerys each time we louse more activity and gain more weight. So we are starting to say no to people and food. not sure what clean eating is but willing to work on it :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 0Caligirl0
    0Caligirl0 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here too! I've been lurking around Tosca Reno's Facebook page and website for a while (The Eat Clean Diet http://www.eatcleandiet.com/) which isn't really a diet but a way of life. I'm also incorporating some of the ideas I've gathered from the stricter, Dr. Fuhrman’s Nutritarian Diet (http://www.drfuhrman.com/) but I'm not 100% on either of those. I'm about 80% non-processed, whole foods, and 20% processed (like brown rice or other whole grain item). I'm trying to limit my dairy to one small serving daily as well.

I'm staying within the guidelines MFP has calculated for my weight loss goal of -2lbs/week, and I have 100 to lose, so I'm looking at the journey as a complete lifestyle change rather than a diet.

I've tried EVERYTHING to lose weight, and over the years have probably lost about 500 pounds or more, only to gain it back when I resume my unhealthy eating habits. Truth is I must make small changes that will last a lifetime, as well as start to live a more active lifestyle rather than looking for the "magic bullet" to lose the weight quick and hope it stays off, or make lifestyle changes after I reach my goal. It isn't realistic. Not to mention, I'm done with packaged meal replacements and pyramid scam diets, or other plans that I have to eat differently from my family.
  • sweetcarolanne
    Options
    Hello, I'm new here, too! I've been tracking with MFP and eating clean for just over 2 weeks and feeling great (minus a small bout with bronchitis last week, that is). I've been using a lot of recipes from He and She Eat Clean (heandsheeatclean.com) and the Gracious Pantry (thegraciouspantry.com) and have loved just about everything I've made. I'm about 80% non-processed whole foods as well and have severely limited my dairy intake which makes such a difference for me.

I'm trying to get my husband on board to eat clean with me (I have success with dinner since that's the only meal we typically eat together. We're both trying to lose weight so we can be healthier before bringing children into the world, and we each have a diabetic parent and would like to not go down that road. I welcome support and check-ins from others who are eating clean as well!