Breaking point...

Options
EryOaker
EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
Stress! Ugh, it will literally be the death of me. I'm so stressed out and I've fallen off the wagon hard.... as of tomorrow, I need to begin the hard work of retraining myself and getting back into a strict routine....
tomorrow will be better!!! I can do this!

Replies

• aupston
    aupston Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be better.....
    But today isn’t too bad.....if you look for a way to learn from it....
    You can do it!
    Good luck
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You're a great cook so maybe you could get inspired by planning a week of yummy low carb meals?
    I totally relate, stress often leads to me eating more too.
    Good luck this week!
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You can do it. :) I had a very stressful weekend and went overboard on carbs (Damn you Edamame pasta!) plus I didn't get to work out as much as I wanted because of class projects but the semester is starting to wind down. I am looking forward to a well deserved break in December.

As far as stress, just remember to breath. You can handle it. Take everything in small chunks and try not to worry about the things you can't control at this time. My wife hates this phrase but it always rings true to me: "How do you eat and Elephant? On bite at a time. "
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Be reminded....NAFLD...you can do it. You must.
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    Stress! Ugh, it will literally be the death of me. I'm so stressed out and I've fallen off the wagon hard.... as of tomorrow, I need to begin the hard work of retraining myself and getting back into a strict routine....
    tomorrow will be better!!! I can do this!

• RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    @CRZYFTM I'm so sorry that you're being hit with so much stress. When I'm super busy, sometimes crock pot meals, rotisserie chicken and other easy things like that are helpful. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for you and your Mom & Grandma. Btw, that soup looks delicious! Is that one of your recipes?
  • EryOaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    RAC56 wrote: »
    @CRZYFTM I'm so sorry that you're being hit with so much stress. When I'm super busy, sometimes crock pot meals, rotisserie chicken and other easy things like that are helpful. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for you and your Mom & Grandma. Btw, that soup looks delicious! Is that one of your recipes?

Thank you

Damn I typed out the recipe but it didn't post. I'll do it again tomorrow.... cause it's late...
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Hope things work out
  • newmekellyc
    newmekellyc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love that recipe also!!!!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    8 coarsely chopped fresh broccoli (or 2lb bag of frozen works too!)
    2 c chicken stock/bone broth
    2 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
    3 c shredded xtra-sharp cheddar cheese
    minced garlic (I used about 3 cloves)
    kosher salt, and pepper to taste
    1 med onion minced
    2 Tbsp
    Bacon Grease/butter/oil/etc. to sautee onion/garlic

Optional:
    Crumbled Bacon, some diced red onion, sour cream and parsley for garnish!

Sautee the onion and garlic. Add broccoli and broth/stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cover. Cook 30-45 min until broc is tender. In a separate bowl, add HWC. Spoon in some of the cooked broc mixture to temper the cream before dumping into the hot soup pot. After the cream is in the pot, add the cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. My husband added some more garlic and some onion powder too (but that is because he likes to ward off vampires....
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @CRZYFTM how's your mother and grandma doing?