Foods to soothe upset stomach?

740p
740p Posts: 11 Member
Something I ate is not sitting with me right and I'm looking for something to eat tonight that will help calm my tummy. Pre keto I would eat so many crackers and have chicken dumpling soup. What are your go-tos when you are feeling in the dumps?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    bentonite

broth or eggs
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    I'm not feeling well either, and considering making Egg Drop Soup for dinner.

Feel better soon :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I find scrambled eggs pretty easy on the stomach. I'd also opt for some high protein yogurt, chicken broth, or maybe even a protein shake...
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Maybe a low carb chicken soup might help. Club soda always seemed to help calm my stomach as well. It's been a while since I've had a really upset stomach since I started drinking two teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother) in a cup of cool water twice a day. I am not sure I would recommend that if your stomach is already not feeling well (the smell gets to most people). I also take organic Turmeric curcumin to help with inflammation overall but I think that can help with stomach issues as well. Ginger, ginger tea, or diet ginger ale seem to help with nausea but I am not a big fan of the taste except for diet ginger ale so I don't drink that often since I gave up diet soda.

I hope you feel better soon.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Lemon ginger faux tea... You steep fresh lemon slices with fresh ginger (sliced/grated/crushed - to preference) with stevia (or sweetener of preference)... It's fantastic!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    any kind of ginger or peppermint tea
  • Parsley456
    Parsley456 Posts: 10 Member
    Not sure if this helps, but I am about 2.5 weeks into Keto and after one week/ten days, my tummy was SOOOOOO upset! I was a bit concerned as it lasted a few days but what I did was, cut back a bit on the raw green veggies, I added a tablespoon of natural yogurt as a snack, added a tablespoon of sauerkraut with dinner, and the probiotics in these two foods did their thing and now i'm fine :-)