Supplement Advice

2»

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I do 10,000 D3 every day and have for years, of course added K2 when I found out about it. Don't know my level, but I live in Canada - one of the worst places for MS and IBS - both linked to low D levels - so the more, the merrier. Always have had super bone density levels (at 53 I have the bones of a 20 y o), so something's going right.

@canadjineh How much K2 do you do every day? So you take 10,000 IUs D3 every day even in summer when you have been outside most of the day? You don't look 53 from your picture. I did take a lot of D3 several years ago but I read that it could be bad and mess with potassium levels. I get a lot of misinformation from different pages I follow on facebook. I do feel awesome taking 5000 IUs a day after a few days.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Oops, sorry @TheDevastator, and other posters/readers... I had a mindless moment this morning at 1 am. Vit D should have said 2500 (I looked at my vit A bottle - Doh!). I take 100 K2 at the moment. Thanks for your comment re my age, I work nights on patrol almost exclusively so not as much light exposure as most I guess. At least I am not stuck in a cubicle. Photo is at the early morning end of a 12 hour shift after a swipe with a bit of lip gloss, lol. Summer is our busiest time and I rarely get out to play in the sun, lol. We live on a beautiful large lake with gorgeous sand beaches and I only got to the beach a couple times last summer. I do use a fair bit of sunscreen on my face and hands since I don't want to end up looking like Magda from 'Something About Mary.'
    1a0d4cb82844b3a8ee621cd76610d29d.jpg
  • TheDevastator
    @canadjineh Getting old you can't do anything about but you can definitely help how you look with supplements and the food you eat. It isn't all just genetics. :)

I ordered 5000 IUs D3 and 100 mcg K2 for my parents and I already had some but didn't take it that much. I can always skip a day if I feel like I'm getting too much.
  • TheDevastator
    Today I took 40,000 iu D3 and 400 mcg K2 today like Dr Berg said for HBP. A 90 day supply costs about $70 with this high of a dose. I guess it beats doctor's bills though.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Today I took 40,000 iu D3 and 400 mcg K2 today like Dr Berg said for HBP. A 90 day supply costs about $70 with this high of a dose. I guess it beats doctor's bills though.

@TheDevastator - Did you purchase it from Dr. Berg's site, or did you price out the Life Extension Super K Plus and D3 of choice? I'm just curious...
  • TheDevastator
    @KnitOrMiss
    I'm currently taking vitacost d3 and doctor's best k2. I haven't been thrilled with vitacost d3 since it says it can contain corn oil or synthetic vitamin e. I also bought more doctor's best d3 and k2 from vitacost. d3 is cheap but the 400 mcg k2 every day gets expensive.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited January 2018
    townsendletter.com/June2017/glutathione0617.html

I just learned about ME-3 this week and started it yesterday. I found the above article today and wanted to share it in case you know anyone with any of the health concerns mentioned.

This article does a good job of pulling together a lot of the research and its history over the past 20 years.

Below is another article on the subject that I found helpful.

https://suzycohen.com/articles/me3_glutathione_lactobacillus_fermentum/

• RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    edited January 2018
    townsendletter.com/June2017/glutathione0617.html

I just learned about ME-3 this week and started it yesterday. I found the above article today and wanted to share it in case you know anyone with any of the health concerns mentioned.

This article does a good job of pulling together a lot of the research and its history over the past 20 years.

Below is another article on the subject that I found helpful.

https://suzycohen.com/articles/me3_glutathione_lactobacillus_fermentum/

What kind/brand of ME-3 are you taking? Is it the brand recommended in the second link?
  • GaleHawkins
    @RAC56 yes it is the middle one pictured in the second link, the one that states Liver. The doctor pulled me off B12 (1558 PG/ML) and cut D3 to 4K units (155 ng/mL) because of high levels plus the Liver health one is cheaper since I only wanted it for the ME-3. :)

I added a prebiotic at the same time as the ME-3 and had gut grip for a few days but nothing out of the norm and all is normal after say 3 days. I plan to get a complete blood workup through LifeExtension.com and add the expensive Glutathione blood level test. The blood level is good to know but it is the liver level that functionally counts the most I read.

I did 6 months post annual non-fasting blood work today and should get a call in a couple days about my current B12 and D3 levels. In the mean time I have added both back because I want D3 high during this flu season plus I am hoping to get a lower Coronary Artery Calcium Score this may due to high D3 and K2 usage. If it just stays the same score it will be a victory.
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    I do 1/4 to 1/2 tsp No Salt (Potassium) + 2 tsp Natural Calm (magnesium) in half a glass of water every morning. Plus a tsp of Himalayan salt in another half glass (don’t like mixing together). Plus a dose of D. If I don’t do this I can get leg cramps plus I’m tired and foggy. Takes 5 min and sets me up for the whole day.
  • GaleHawkins
    probioticsguide.com/hyperbiotics-pro-15-review/

@RAC56 we have used the above product for a year or two off and on but I just noticed it does also contain Lactobacillus fermentum but it does not mention ME-3 or the amount of the Lactobacillus fermentum it contains. We were out but more came today.

Since Lactobacillus fermentum is normally in the human gut I am not sure how long it needs to be used if it already part of our gut flora.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    I'm thinking I need to talk to my doctor. My heart rate was at 120 this morning just walking around. I ate some salt on my eggs and avocado and its slowly starting to come back down. I'm wary of over dosing electrolytes because that is as dangerous as under dosing.

• GaleHawkins
    @tmoneyag99 that sounds like a good plan.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    @tmoneyag99 Agreed! We just oftentimes see newbies here who don't take in enough electrolytes. I like the way you are listening to your body. Do what works best for you. :)