Automatically track Net Carbs in MFP

Barry7879
Barry7879 Posts: 62 Member
http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/

Apologies if this is already know but there is a script linked from this page that automatically adds a column for Net Carbs to MFP if anyone is interested. I just set it up and it works great - presumably by automatically subtracting the fibre grams from the carbs grams (if they've been input correctly by whoever created that food). Cheers

Replies

• jeannieceee
    jeannieceee Posts: 1 Member
    How do I find it?
  • Barry7879
    Barry7879 Posts: 62 Member
    edited November 2017
    How do I find it?

The link is at the top of the post. The first part of the article talks about setting up MFP for keto macros and the lower part talks about how to get the script that adds the Net Carbs column. The problem is that some countries food products are labelled already as Net Carbs (Uk I believe) and some are not so beware of garbage in = garbage out as we used to say in the software industry..
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Yup the UK do net carbs!
  • maureencean
    maureencean Posts: 4 Member
    Someone should give you an award for posting this!! Thank you!
  • jolena_75
    jolena_75 Posts: 23 Member
    Do you have to be a premium member for this to work? TYIA :)
  • Umm_Leila
    Umm_Leila Posts: 23 Member
    jolena_75 wrote: »
    Do you have to be a premium member for this to work? TYIA :)

No, it will work for all members (:
  • tipopi
    tipopi Posts: 4 Member
    This is awesome!!! It works great on my computer. Is there a fix like this one for the MFP app?
  • MissMorts
    MissMorts Posts: 94 Member
    tipopi wrote: »
    This is awesome!!! It works great on my computer. Is there a fix like this one for the MFP app?

Hi Team, was there an answer to this? I can’t get the script to run on my phone app which is the only way I use MFP...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    MissMorts wrote: »

Hi Team, was there an answer to this? I can’t get the script to run on my phone app which is the only way I use MFP...

As far as I know it doesn't work on the phone app.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited March 2018

Right. Only on Firefox and Chrome on the PC.
    The only way to count net carbs on the app are to count carbs and fiber and place them beside one another. Annnnd... subtract. You can use your Notes to keep track of your totals.
  • Jacqgh777
    Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
    edited March 2018
    Another easy way is to subtract fiber from your carbs but that’s good to know- thanks!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    baconslave wrote: »

Right. Only on Firefox and Chrome on the PC.
    The only way to count net carbs on the app are to count carbs and fiber and place them beside one another. Annnnd... subtract. You can use your Notes to keep track of your totals.

And Safari on a mac.